Chapter 12-Different perspectives

(Oh my gosh thanks so much everyone for 200 views in just 4 days! Thank you to all who have voted on my story and added this to so many reading lists! I am truly grateful and do not know how to show my gratitude. So, I will try constantly posting chapters everyday!)

You slipped a note underneath Akira's door, hoping he would accept your offer to meet him at the rooftop that day at 10am.

You saw the door to the rooftop swing open, and out came Akira, his hands in his pockets as he slumped his shoulders and glared at you.

You had no idea what to say. No words could come to mind. Your body acted on its own, and within mere seconds you found yourself hugging Akira, no, your dearest younger brother closely.

"Sorry...sorry Aki-chan...for shutting you out and thinking that I'm superior to you...I'm sorry... for never hearing you out and always making the final decision! I-I promise that I'll be a better sister from now on...I'll treat you as an equal...and I will listen to your side of the situation! I'm really sorry! Please don't leave me! I can't live without you!" You were in tears, your eyes red and puffy. 

"Sis, I should be the one apologizing to you. I've never made an effort to think about how much you actually care about me and how much you're sacrificing just so I could stay safe and get whatever I wanted...I promise to not be so selfish and think about myself all the time...I don't hate you Sis, I just hate those people like Niraigi who are making your life more difficult than it already is!" Akira buried his face in your pink hair, taking in your fragrant scent that was better than all flowers and perfume to him.

Akira was in tears, but because of his hatred towards the people behind the borderlands, the people who are taking advantage of you in the beach, the people who tried to rape you and hit on you. He swore with his life that he would get his revenge against the borderlands. He swore with his life that he would protect you no matter what happened to you. If you ever died, he would disembowel himself for failing to protect you.

Similarly, you vowed that whoever hurt Akira would not live to see sunlight the next day. Whoever dared to lay a single finger on your brother will die a brutal death, and you would curse them at their grave.

The two of you sat next to each other, side-hugging one another as you two took your minds off the borderlands. Soon, you heard Akira's stomach growl. "Oh, you're hungry! Why didn't you tell me earlier? Never mind! Let's go get you some lunch, I heard that Ann is cooking! It should be yummy! I'll ask her for an extra serving for the both of us!"

"Come on, your cooking will always be better than Ann's even if she's considered the best cook in the borderlands. Why don't you cook dinner one night? I miss eating your delicious recipes everyday..." Akira complimented you, making you blush in embarrassment.

————————————————————

"Mmm! That cold soba was absolutely the best!" You finished your soba, slurping up the last strand of noodles.

"Yes, it's not bad!" Akira agreed.

The both of you decided to take a walk around the exterior of the beach, just like how you used to bring Akira to the park for walks in the real world.

"Hey, something smells..." you pinched your nose at a stench. Akira nodded, looking around. The two of you registered the scent, and the two of you exchanged worried glances. The two of you knew that stench too well to be able to recognize it from anywhere.

It was the stench of a decomposing corpse.

Akira flipped open a trash bin, only to reveal countless dead bodies that were slowly rotting away, blood stained everywhere on them. Flies were buzzing around them. A rat then leaped out of the trash bin, scurrying down the bin. You were quick to kick it, instantly crushing it to its death.

"How could this have happened?" Akira flipped the rubbish bin closed, backing away from it.

"Death to the traitors." You recalled. "Some people must've betrayed Hatter by trying to keep the cards for themselves. I bet either he or the militants shot them dead, looking at the bullet holes through their bodies."

"That you are right about." (Yess finally I added the queen of hearts to my plot—oops I might have spoiled something for some of you ignore this)

The two of you turned to the lady who had said that out of nowhere. It was Mira, one of the executives who had the third highest ranking in the beach. She walked towards the two of you, her bangs and fringe covering her face as the win blew it harshly.

"Hatter immediately kills anybody who has tried to escape the beach or steal the cards. You better make sure not to get on his nerves. The beach's security has heightened, now that the number of traitors are rapidly increasing. He's keeping a close eye on you two, Chishiya included. You guys play very important roles in finding out more about the borderlands. Don't you find it absurd that Hatter basically forces you to work for him all the time, only for him to profit from your meaningless efforts?" She asked, making you question your place in the beach. (Mira is a strange character so I would like to add some scenes with her to add suspense and more shit.)

"Yes, but this way we have more allies. But, with more allies comes more traitors. If you ask me, I'd say the militants will take over the beach in no time. But that does not mean that we shouldn't try to complete games. Since Yu-chan is an executive, who knows, she might as well become the one in charge. It's better to be the one in control than the controlled." Akira shared his opinion freely. The last sentence he said...you swore you had heard that somewhere. (Help I forgot if Chishiya or you said that statement sorry.)

"I truly admire the way you siblings think. Finding the light among the shadows. Ah, I forgot! I haven't eaten my lunch yet! I should get going before there's no more food left for me to eat! Bye, Kayami siblings!" She walked back into the beach, leaving the two of you stunned.

She was rather suspicious. She never really talked much and the things she said were quite outside of reality, making you question your very existence in the borderlands.

However, you had to admit, what she said was facts.

(Mira is truly an interesting character that I  suspected was evil from the start. She was an executive but I did not see her play any games (except for the 10 of hearts a little bit. She also does not talk a lot, so she was a bit unknown. I expected her to be a good hearts player or diamonds player, but I did not expect my theories about her to be true! In season 2 she made me question my reality that I was currently living in, which was the hardest game: real life.)