Chapter 59-First move

Tonight was the night that my visa would expire. I would be playing my first game as a member of the new association "Mansion of Monsters'. With cold sweat trickling down my forehead, I could feel my heart rate racing in my rib cage as I was a bundle of nerves. All the people around me seemed powerful and formidable foes, and the future was a mere upcoming event that loomed in front of me. 

Today could be the very day I died. 

Or, it could be the day I gain salvation. 

For all I knew, the borderlands could very well be my deathbed. 

The first thing in the morning I did was to get some brunch for myself. I had not eaten in about three days, and I was subtly hungry for a light snack. Ever since I was born, I have always had a small appetite, which came greatly to my advantage.

I spent lesser money on food, and I could spend days without having to eat a single bite of food, or just a small bottle of water to go by. Having to live by hand to mouth, I was used to having an insufficient amount of...basically everything, so I adapted my body to require less for daily activities. 

Stepping into the cafeteria, long stretches of tables and benches gave way for people to dine to their heart's content. The long, ceramic tables with mahogany legs easily made the cafeteria look like a mini restaurant. 

The aroma of freshly cooked food being made penetrated my nostrils, and it made me drool. I had never felt my appetite grow that big before. Instead of having to eat other's leftovers, or some cheap low-quality food, I smelled delicious meals that made me feel like I had just step foot into a five-star restaurant. 

Strolling towards the one and only cook who was standing in the kitchen and gazing out into the surroundings, I waved my hand, hoping for my presence to be noticed. However, he seemed to lost in his train of thoughts, that even after I called him, he did not seem to have noticed me.

"S-Sir?" He finally snapped out of his thoughts upon hearing my call for him. 

"Yes? What would you like?" He asked, walking towards his display of the pastries he had made. "Looking for a light snack to fill your stomach for today, you can treat yourself to a simple ham and cheese sandwich, or a slice of cake maybe! We also have muffins, and much mo—"

"I'll Ju-just have t-the ch-chicken s-salad sandwich," I stammered with my words. Slightly irritated that I interrupted his elaboration on his many pastries that he sold, he nodded his head and took it out, handing it to me. 

"Do NOT dare to litter. Even if you do, make sure you clean up. Prepare to starve for the rest of your life here if you do," he warned me with seriousness in his eyes. He was really not joking. Slumping my shoulders, I thought to myself, "Chefs are all so mean!"

Finding an empty seat at the back of the cafeteria, I chewed on my sandwich like a wolf tearing up its prey. From the corner of my eyes, I saw a long flow of rose pink, grabbing my attention. 

Whipping my head towards it, I saw the exact same girl that I saw yesterday sitting comfortably around a circular table. She was wearing a black super crop pullover with flared sleeves, along with a sleeveless white crop top underneath, showing off her cleavage to anybody who glanced at her. She looked absolutely physically stunning.

A belt that hugged her waist lay on her hips of her baggy drawstrings with daggers dangling out of her flap pockets. Tightly wrapped around her waist was a belt with a holster containing her small handgun that looked as if it was pretty worn out, stained with someone else's blood. She was picking on an extra large bowl of ramen, which proved that she had a humongous appetite in contrast to me.