Chapter 29-Final stage

"Welcome to the final stage, players. As you know, this stage is called: Wrestling.

Rules: beat my in a fight and push me off the edge to win. Simple, right?" Shigure explained.

He stood at one end of the platform, the three of you splitting up and surrounding him. There must have been something more to it than just simply fighting with him. But, what was it?

He started chasing towards you, before he was lifted up by a tile on the platform, giving him more jumping power. You quirked up an eyebrow. "Lifting tiles?" You asked. He tried kicking you, but you dodged it, blocking his ankle with your forearm.

 Yaba observed this. The three of you knew nothing about his fighting skills so you were wary of it, making sure not to underestimate him.

He used his other leg to kick your face, which took you by great surprise of how he had that level of coordination and control even if he was in mid-air, transferring his weight to the leg you were carrying. You let go of his leg, falling backwards. "What the fuck? What were you before the borderlands? A boxer?" You shouted.

"Don't underestimate me!" He shouted, before answering, "I was a rock star, and a professional wrestler!" Yaba ran towards him, attempting to fight with him, but was stopped by an arrow flying right past him, him avoiding it by a hair's breadth. Banda simply stood at the side, observing everything that was happening to strategize.

That did remind you, you remembered seeing a wrestler one day who had gone behind bars before.

———————————————————-

You slung your handbag on your shoulder, walking home with substantial shopping bangs in your other hand. "These are enough groceries for dinner tonight," you thought. You stopped at the huge television nearby the train station at Shibuya Crossing that displayed the local news of Tokyo. 

"And now on Tokyo live local news, we will be discussing about the arrested rock star and professional wrestler Shigure Kayuura of age 18." The news reporter wearing a former dress held her scripts in the both of her hands that were filled with gold rings. A picture of him playing the drums during a performance was shown at the top left corner of the screen. "He has been found guilty for the death of three young girls, their father of which was not on good terms with him. He has a sentence of 10 years in prison." 

"Only 10 years for the murder of three kids? Their father must be feeling a sense of injustice. I mean the defendant is 18 though," you thought to yourself, continuing with your walk back to your hideout.

6 months later, as you were walking home with Akira after having picked him up from his school, you stopped by the television yet again to watch the news daily. It showed an "Emergency Broadcast" sign in bold red words, with a black screen surrounding it. Many people gathered in front of the television to see what was the emergency broadcast about.

"Last night at 4am, Shigure Kayuura, an 18 year-old former rock star and professional wrestler has escaped from prison along with 4 other accomplices, Himawa Josai, Rei Tomi, Tanaka Mai and Ibara Shozei. Please lock your doors and windows at night as they are said to be roaming around this area. Please stay safe. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill." The same news reporter announced with shaky hands.

Whispers were heard among the crowd as pictures of them were showed on the television for everybody to see. "If you see any of these people, run away immediately and call the police. These are very dangerous people. Do not attempt to engage with them. I repeat, last night at 4am..." 

(Shiver me timbers I locked the door to my house and every single window because I scared myself by writing this chapter.)

Your grip on Akira's hand tightened. "Let's do what they say. Don't go out late at night. Better to be safe than sorry," you told him.