Chapter 24-Physical limit

(Shoutout to JasmineRogriguez714 for giving me 100 notifications plus plus in total. You are am amazing reader who is extremely humorous! I love reading all of your comments, yes ALL of your comments. Thanks for your feedback and unconditional support for me!)

You had spent one day looking around the area for Chishiya and your younger brother, but you had no luck. No matter how much you searched around, you had not a single clue of their whereabouts, but it seemed good that they were in a safe, hidden place with all the face card games.

 You decided to participate in a game, holding high hopes that you would meet either of them there. In the supermarket, you found a pair of earphones for you to listen to music on a music stereo (correct me if I'm wrong I'm talking about the black square thing Chishiya was listening to before the five of spades and I don't remember the name of it). You picked it up and checked to see if it was still working, which you were lucky it was.

You plugged the earphones into your ears, listening to some upbeat japanese music. Odo was music to your ears. You did not have a car yet, so you grabbed a stray motorcycle lying on the ground and pushed it to a gas station. 

You filled it up with gas to get it working, and soon got off. You were determined that you were going to find the both of them one way or another, and playing more games was the only possible way to do so. With a steely resolve, you prepared the engines of the motorcycle and sped off.

It was fun being on a motorcycle, the wind blowing past your whole body. You felt invincible at that moment, having come so far in the life and death games that killed so many people. Much to your shock, though, a lot more people than you had expected actually survived without having a limb chopped off their body.

What was even more surprising, was that there were actually people disguised as the game masters, and they had completely deceived you. Although you previously had the theory that there were people in charge of the games, it turned out that they were ordinary humans, like any other player there who had to pass games of their own.

Participating in the games at the borderlands gave you a sense of equality, each and every player having equivalent odds of winning the game. Absolutely no cheating was allowed in the games, and you actually felt amusement there. 

Being away from the real world full of money-sucking monsters and gangsters was great. You could kill and loot as you pleased, and there were no laws in the borderlands, showing a human's true form.

Although having no laws meant that peace was close to impossible, there was only 1% of Tokyo in the borderlands. After all, like Mira had once said, the games should be treated as just games. If you were to make a wild guess, you would say that nobody in the borderlands knew what was going on and how they got there. They just embraced it and accepted life in it.

Not long after, you arrived outside a tall building, of which had several levels on it. Floating above the building was the jack of spades card, there was no mistake that it was the game arena.

Not only was the jack the easiest of the three difficulties, but spades was also your specialty in games, which meant that you had the highest chance of succeeding. Unlike some people who would start with a King right off the bat, you had other strategies to start with the smallest card, then work your way up patiently.

The King of Spades was already a life-threatening experience for you, and in the worst case, you got separated from your comrades and nearly got killed along with Chishiya and your brother if you had not made that last-second decision to go on a head-on fight with him.

Alighting from your motorcycle, you took a moment to analyse the sprawling building that had been put into disrepair. It looked nearly torn up, and you could barely guess what the game could possibly be. Climbing down the building? An extreme game of hide and seek?