Chapter 51-moving on

(Big shoutout to Sam_samanthaaa with three 'a's for reading my entire story in three days. Just to tell you, that I've read all of your funny comments, and am currently working on editing the story so I'm not publishing any new chapters yet.)

Walking out of your new game arena, you smirked and decided to hang out somewhere where you had a free will and could do anything you wanted to do. After all, now you were the resident of the borderlands. You practically owned it, you could kill whoever you wanted to, whenever you wanted to. However, you wanted to abide by the game's rules, in order for a fair play. 

"I really want to get to know these new batch of players more. They interest me, and seem stronger than my generation," you rubbed your hands together, before climbing atop of a tree that had a good view of the burnt down beach building, a once-famous paradise that was a utopia known to almost everybody in the borderlands. 

There left ashes, and you could barely see the beach anymore. You hopped down, before walking towards it. Throwing a stone at it, you made sure that it was safe to walk in before deciding to do so. 

Noticing the debris of the irreparable damage caused by Last boss, you breathed in the fresh air. "What a refreshing smell of dead bodies, and dopamine!" You picked up a handful of dust, and blew it away. Memories of your previous mates flashed before your eyes, and you could remember every single one of them, including the lady in a yellow bikini that you loved to go on drinks and dance with. 

Proceeding ahead, you noticed a dirtied katana lying on the floor. Picking it up and brandishing it, you noticed that it was rusty and smelly. "Last boss' favourite weapon."

Everything seemed...strangely different to you. There was a new atmosphere, a scary vibe that coursed through your veins. Could this be your first and last time residing in the borderlands as a resident? You needed more information on the players. Not once had you regretted joining the borderlands as a game master. 

You assumed that Kuina and the rest that had survived and went back to the original world, probably thought that you were a maniac for staying in the borderlands after admitting that you so hated it for killing so many of your comrades. "I wish I could see them, and show them how much stronger I've gotten. Unlike last time, I don't act on my impulses, and I'm more silent and less revealing than before," you whispered to yourself. 

You sat down, drinking some sake that you had found at a convenience store. Having brought a few plastic cups, you poured a few shots of them, placing them in front of you. "Here's to Tatta, the best person that always provided me with all the mechanics I needed. Here's also to Karube. Though I don't know you as much, we did talk and I believe that you would've loved it here in the Beach. Arisu misses you so much, I even hear him saying your name in his sleep. If you had lived, I wonder if my choice being a resident here would've changed because of you. Also, for Tsuyuri and Ayaka. Plus, an extra shot for Kuzuryu. You taught me what it meant to have a fair and just system, and you'rve always been my favourite executive besides Ann. I bet you don't drink, but please! Also, this one's for all the other people in the beach who have passed away."

You brought out a can of coke, and you sighed, before toasting, "Here's to...Akira. Thanks so much for giving your life away for me. We might be separated, but I'll see you in the afterlife pretty soon. I do live without regrets, but if I had one, it would be that I didn't leave you to another family for them to raise you properly. You could've gotten a proper education and had a better life than me. I hope that when we get reincarnated, we'd be siblings—or maybe you'd be the older one then!"

You raised the remaining of your sake bottle, and clinked it with every one of the plastic cups there. Suddenly, you could feel a warm touch on your back, as if someone was...hugging you? Your body felt fuzzy, and you could feel a presence behind you. Smiling, you thought that it must have been your dead friends that were comforting you. A sorrowful tear rolled down your cheeks and landed onto the ground.