Chapter 54-Bullseye

"Let the games begin," you thought with an alert pair of eyes that observed each and every one of the player's moves. There were 19 other players to watch, and you could not always keep your eye on all of them at once, or listen in to each one of their conversations. However, a sharp eye was good enough for you to notice anything out of the ordinary. 

As you had prepared, the bright lights illuminated the dead, abandoned circus, some people squinting their eyes from the brilliance of the glaring lights. The cogs turned, and the multiple circus toys began moving. 

The familiar circus sounds with upbeat horns accompanied with children's laughter could be heard from the speakers. As the players all gathered at the first round's venue, which was a station with a huge target, big enough for a human to fit on it. The target had multiple circles surrounding it, until a red circle in the middle of it read "100". It was an excellent game for an outstanding marksman like you, who had experience in shooting, throwing, tossing as well as hurling. 

Nothing felt better than a relaxing game of dart-throwing that could let you put your accuracy abilities to the test, the left corner of your lips curving up into an asymmetrical smile of arrogance. 

Act calm and cool, you told yourself, it was how you were supposed to feel as a newbie player with all eyes on you. Just as you had acted during your "first game", you, although being curious and awestruck, still remained your composure and worked with caution.

"The first round will be: Dart throwing. There will be ten rounds of dart throwing. A random player will be selected to be the 'target'. As players throw the darts towards the target, if they miss the target, the next player will have to throw the dart, until someone hits the target. When the last player has finished throwing their dart, the round is considered over and the next player will proceed. However, if they successfully hit the target, they will have to be the next person to be the 'target'. The three players with the lowest points at the end of the game will be eliminated. If more than three players have the lowest score, they will die," the robotic female voice explained the rules.

"So even if you earn points, you become the fall guy? That's some crazy ass rules. What kind of maniac would create a game like this? And even after we hopefully survive this terror, we still have five more rounds of this shit? The person who made this game probably just wants all of us dead, because his game is too arduous!" Kazuya exclaimed, placing his hands above his head in the 'why me' position. 

You tried to stifle in your laughter. You were neither a maniac or a male. You simply were just a woman who wanted to create a game to put player's wits and physical ability to its fullest potential.

You could see people staring at it quizzically, wondering what exactly could be the 'target' that the lady was talking about. You pursed your lips together, studying the atmosphere around you. Multiple people were biting their nails in anxiousness, nobody seemingly willing to be the first person on the 'target'. 

To your utter shock, there was a brave girl from the crowd of people who gladly put up her hand and declared with confidence, "I would like to be the first person to be the target please!" Upon hearing her deep voice that held clarity in it, you wowed at her. An interesting player. You observed her carefully, looking at her coal black hair that had red streaks in it. You could tell her punky style that would be a perfect match for a 90's rock concert. 

She had a black V-neck crop top that matched her maroon leather jacket, which she kept unbuttoned for fashion reasons. Her mini skirt that she wore on her hips emphasized on her hip dips, but it made her look even more attractive in an odd way, which suited her fishnets and her sandals that had heels. In a way, she had confidence written all over her, and you had many different feelings about her. Many words could describe her, but the last would be 'normal'.