Chapter 20-Blow your mind

You sneaked your way up to the rooftop of the beach, Chishiya walking behind you with his hands in his pockets. It always amazed you how he could remain so calm during these situations.

When you reached the stairwell to the rooftop, you were met with the beach's devotees at the side. "Shuntaro, you go deal with Niraigi. I'll deal with these assholes," you told him. He nodded and headed up to the rooftop.

The devotees surrounded you with smirks on their faces. "You dirty little traitor. Look at you, being the good guy and releasing Arisu. Also, you were never loyal to the militants. You might be a good fighter, but you were never fit to be a militant!" A man with blond dyed hair and an orange swimming trunks said.

"Look at you, how cute. Y'all look like children playing with toy guns!" You cackled hysterically. "Don't look down on us, you witch!" One of them pointed their gun at your head.

"Oh, so you think I'm the witch?" You laughed even more this time. "I have all these weapons with me right now, which includes a grenade. If I were the witch, I would've blown the beach up by now! Besides, I was with the militants the whole time. Who knows? It might be Aguni, Niraigi, or last boss!"

You ducked down and charged at them. The fired their guns at the wall, missing your head. You kicked the man in front of you and shot the other two on his right. As for the rest, you punched one of them down to the lobby, and strangled the militant wearing a black bikini.

As for the last man, he was on the ground, pleading for mercy. "Huh? You weren't hesitant to shoot me, and yet you're begging for mercy? Okay, I'll let you go!" You cheerfully exclaimed.

You carried him on your shoulders, his arms held by your right hand and his legs by your left. You kicked down the door to the rooftop and shoved him down. He let out one last shout before he dropped dead. Literally dropped dead.

"Don't you get tired of bullying people weaker than you?" Chishiya interrupted Niraigi from shooting people with his sniper from the edge of the rooftop. Niraigi turned to his voice, asking him back, "Where were you two hiding? And you, you betrayed the militants! You helped that small shrimp escape, you bitch!"

"Haha, just a reminder that this 'small shrimp' is one centimeter taller than you!" You tried your best to hold in your laughter. Chishiya slowly inched closer to Niraigi, responding, "There are lots of places for me to hide in the beach."

"You really get on my nerves, you know?" Niraigi hated Chishiya the most in the beach, even more than he hated Akira. "All the fucking time! Acting like you're so clever!" Niraigi spat out.

"But I am clever." Chishiya corrected him.

"Good," Niraigi stood up, reloading his rifle. "I can aim from a short distance and kill the two of you at once!"

"Our main power supply's been diverted since this game's started," Chishiya calmly explained, despite having a rifle pointed right at him. "The electricity we've been using from this power generator was switched to the hotel's power supply. This means that whoever's running the game snuck into the beach and controlled its power from underground."

"What the fuck are you saying?" Niraigi was probably the dumbest person in the beach. All he was good for was to fight. He would be shocked to find out that physical prowess was not all there is to the games.

"I think you know who the witch is. That it's someone close to you."

"If you think I'm the witch, sorry, but you're terribly mistaken!"

"Only the executives have access and information on how the power grid operates. The witch can't be Yuki as she was taking care of her younger brother the whole time, and she had never left my sight. Thus, I'm going to kill all the executives excluding Yuki, starting with you." You stood at the side, amazed by Chishiya's intellect.

Chishiya ran towards him and threw all the playing cards he had stolen into the air as a diversion. "What the fuck was that?" He cursed. Chishiya leapt to the side, pulling out a handmade flamethrower. It consisted of a water gun with a cigarette lighter taped to it. Within seconds, Niraigi was engulfed in the ember flames that devoured him.

Niraigi swatted his arms around in a useless attempt to put out the fire. Soon, he fell off the rooftop, landing outside the beach on the lobby where members of the beach were evading the already started fire inside the beach.

"Holy crap," your eyes were as wide as saucers, your pink hair slightly stained with blood, at that point it looked like you dyed your hair red. "If I were being completely frank, I wouldn't mind playing a game with Akira against you. It'd be fun and unpredictable, also brings some entertainment in my life!"

"The same goes to you, Yuki. It'd be an honor to play against you," Chishiya agreed. 

The two of you seemed different, but you were actually the people that you both could relate to the most. On top of that, the both of you were not afraid of the games nor against it. Instead, you two accepted them. Completing the games gave you a sense of accomplishment, and maybe some meaning to your lives. If you died during a game, you would simply accept it. You did not deny death or fear death, but you accepted it as a form of defeat. That made you different from others. You had different perspectives of the beach than the human eye would see it.

The two of you headed down to the second floor of the beach, watching the ruckus all around. "Ah, I finally found you." Akira said from behind you two, a dagger in his hand and blood covering his body. You ran toward him and hugged him tightly. "Akira! You're okay! Do you know where Hikari-san went?"

"Yeah, she followed Ann to the dissection room to check out the fingerprints on the knife used to kill Momoka to determine who the witch is and how they stabbed her. Kuina went to fight last boss and I went into hiding. I also saw Arisu and Usagi on the way, helped them to beat up some devotees along with Tatta and Asahi. I really want to throw Momoka into the fire, but we can't defeat Aguni by ourselves." He answered. 

Not too long later, everybody was forced into the lobby of the beach due to the fire. 

"Stop all this nonsense!" Arisu limped beside Usagi, catching everybody's attention, including Aguni. "Has he figured it out?" You wondered. 

"Aguni is not the witch. He didn't kill Momoka, but he killed Hatter. And now, he just wants us to die with him out of guilt! These hearts games want you to turn on each other and stab each other's backs!" He recalled the time he played the 7 of hearts game with his bets friends and came out as the only survivor. Hearts games sure were a bitch.

Aguni started fighting everybody, trying his best to convince them that he was the witch. With only 3 minutes left on the clock, they had to act fast. 

'Kuina and Ann walked into the lobby together. "Aguni is not the witch! The fingerprints on the knife are reversed, so Momoka must've killed herself!" Ann shouted. Everybody had very little time to act. To everybody's bewilderment, Asahi stood up and announced, stopping the war temporarily, "Everybody! I'm the dealer of this game!" A laser shot up from the sky, killing her instantly.

"So my theory about there being game masters watching us was true. Also, some of them happen to be disguised as players," You spoke to Akira, pointing towards Asahi. 

The whole room was silent, their brains not being able to process what they had just witnessed. This gave Arisu and his gang of goody-two-shoes people enough time to toss Momoka into the fire, completing the game. Aguni, shockingly, picked Niraigi up and rushed into the fire with him.

Your phone chimed. "Game complete. The witch has been thrown into the fire. Congratulations!" The female robotic voice announced. Chishiya headed to the exit of the beach, you tagging along with Akira carried on your back. Chishiya picked up the ten of hearts card that was laid on the table. "We now have all the numbered cards, but what about the face  cards?" You queried.

"Well, that's something we'll have to find out for ourselves."