chapter 22

|Ch.22

_________

_________

Leo jumped off from the tree and walked to Eva. He smiled slightly caressing the back of his head feeling embarrassed that he lost his headband. "She stole it when I let my guard down"

Eva stared at Leo for a moment before speaking, "You never build a guard around yourself when you're next to her"

Leo was slightly surprised to hear it as he looked at her with confused eyes. He wasn't sure what she is saying. "What does that mean?" Of course I have always been cautious around her"

Eva shook her head slightly, "No your highness. You are just insecure around her,am I not right? You are confusing your feelings. Your insecurities are not the guard I'm talking about"

Leo,"Why would I be insecure?"

Eva looked away shrugging her shoulders, "Should I be the one to tell you that? I don't think so. You should figure out your own feelings. Also,don't confuse others with your mixed feelings...", the last sentence was almost inaudible but Leo heard it.

"Hey,if you are thinking I have feelings for lady Hazel,then you got it wrong. You know well who I like —"

Eva,"Don't say things you don't mean. We are still young but I have more experience about feelings than you,your highness. If you lead me like this without meaning it at all,then you are destroying me too"

Leo furrowed his eyebrows not understanding her at all. "...Eva.."

"We are still good friends,your highness. Let's keep it that way"

Leo was still 14 years old. Though he is physically strong,he still doesn't understand how to recognise his own feelings. Someone who only knew power,will have a hard time grasping these sensitive emotions. On the other hand,Eva had a hard time because of these emotions. So she knew how to recognise these feelings separately. And that's why she can't hate Hazel. She could say how matured Hazel is. It almost seems like she had already lived a life out there. Her eyes showed it all. And the cruelty she is showing is her way of protecting the people she loves.

Eva knew that one day,she will have to cross paths with Hazel for a one on one battle. Their paths clash together no matter what because of their own struggles in life. Eva wants revenge and Hazel wants to protect her family. It's as simple as that. But Eva desperately wished to not hurt Hazel. She'd do anything to avoid any battle with Hazel.

They are meant to be enemies.

"I don't know about my feelings but I know one thing. And that is to destroy the Pendragon family. As long as we are stuck together because of this one reason, I'm sure we can work out everything together"