chapter 41

|Ch.41

[Luca]

[Luca]

_________

The crimson eyed ferocious boy walked here and there infront of the hunting forest with a calm looking Ruby beside him. It's past their dinner time yet the lady he supposed to protect has not yet come down from the forest.

"Calm down,she'll be back",Ruby said even though she was anxious as hell too.

"How the fuck am I supposed to calm down?! If that bitch got into trouble,I'll fucking kill her!"

"It's weird to see you worrying",Ruby commented side eyeing him as if she wanted to piss him even more.

Luca threw his hands in the air furiously,"I'm not fucking worried bitch! Those vicious men will kill me if something happened to her"

Ruby,"You're scared?",she purposely ticked him off even more.

"WHO SAID I'M SCARED?!!!"

Ruby's nodded sarcastically,"If you say so"

A vein popped out from Luca's forehead. "I'll kill you"

Ruby pursed her lips. But she knew he didn't mean any harm. By now,she knows that it's all bark and no bite,atleast for her and Hazel. She didn't know if he is warming up to them or not but he definitely treated Hazel and Ruby differently from others,it could be a subtle difference but she could see it. For example,how he fought with Leo because of a silly argument. In reality,it wasn't a silly thing. Ruby knew why Luca picked a fight with him.

Flashback

"Oi crown prince,is it true you're interested in Hazel?"

Leo raised an eyebrow at the sudden out of nowhere question. Hazel was not even at the sight. What could possibly this ferocious rascal want ?,"No,I'm not"

Luca had a big scowl on his face,"Haaah? Then why do you want to marry her?"

"It's for the political reasons. I have no intention of loving her"

"So you want her as a political tool? To gain the trust of other nobles and win them over. And what's next? You will bring that doll face bitch as your concubine to discard Hazel?"

"What? You're going too far Luca. Do you even know what you're talking about?!",Leo was immediately frustrated. "Political marriages are common you idiot! And I'm not a scum to discard Hazel like that! I only said I will not love her. I will gladly give her all the respect and everything"