Chapter 50

|Ch.50

__________

__________

Jaykar's pov|

In this kingdom,there are so many Dukedoms and noble houses which hold power according what they could give to the kingdom. The majority of the houses are military houses which provide military facilities to the imperial family. Pendragon house holds the most power among them. Even the imperial family has to bow under their feet because of the power they hold and it is no secret to the society. The guardians of the kingdom with a power only given to them by heavens.

As a knight,if you were to be scouted by Pendragon house,then there is no greater honor. Only greatest can be a knight under the most influential family of the kingdom. Their military power is not limited to this kingdom but run upto all the other kingdoms,be it a spy or a transfer knight,Pendragon knights exist in every corner of the world. That's why you never want to get on their bad side.

I am a knight too but unlike every other knight,it is not my dream to be a part of their knight order. It's not because I don't desire to be a great knight but because I've always known my limits. I know what I can do and can't. So it didn't matter whether I became one of them or not.

Other than this military power houses in the kingdom,there are other houses too such as mage houses which created greatest mages and legends,business houses which brought money to the kingdom,technology houses etc. If I talk about my family,it is a spirit user family,Whitlock house. Our family basically has the power to deal with spirits and bring prosperity to our Kingdom through the help of spirits.

But the thing is,only one is born as a spirit user in the family and that person should be responsible for the responsibilities of the kingdom. Normally,it should be a woman who inherits the power of spirits and it hasn't changed for the longest time periods of the kingdom. And thus,women in our house holds the authority over men.

But something has changed in my generation. When my older sister was born,she wasn't inherited the power. My parents were worried,so they decided to conceive another child. But to their displeasure,it was boy who came out and that happened to be me. And like a thunder clashing their all hopes,I had inherited the power of spirits. How cruel,was it my fault that I was born with that power? I never asked to be born so why?

That woman who calls herself my mother tormented me ever since I remembered and that bitch of a sister tortured me everyday asking me to give up my power. The power is not something I can bring out and give away,what should I do? And my father never even looked at me.

Spirit users are physically weak ever since they were born and I wasn't an exception. Even after knowing this,my family tortured me to the point I couldn't recognise myself. Sometimes I was insane and sometimes I was sane. If they could,they would have killed me but killing a spirit user is a taboo in my family. And that's why they came up with a plan to send me to be a knight so I'll end up dying while exhausting myself. They think if I die,the power might go back to my sister.