Chapter 45

|Ch.45

To become evil,does someone need to go through a hell? Yes and no. The law applies differently to different people. Darkness can be adopted if you're willing to embrace it. Insanity can be a choice to someone. Would you like to be insane? If the answer is yes, then what can anyone do? Sins will not be forgiven and yet you still wanna go on?

Hazel's crimson eyes stared at blood in her hands. Moon light fell into her face illuminating something eerie in her eyes. Her eyes slightly glanced over the deer she caught. It was too late to hunt yet here she is. Her blood lust was getting the best of her.

Luca was behind her leaning against a tree while Ruby was standing next to him with a slight worried expression on her face.

"I thought you were sleeping walking. So it is like this. Can't control the blood lust yet?",Luca asked.

Hazel wasn't surprised to see him and Ruby since she knew that they'd feel the moment she left the cottage.

"I got a nightmare. I just needed a little violence to calm down",Hazel's voice was cold and chilly like all the emotions had been sucked out.

Luca was cautious to not provoke her not wanting her to snap. "You could have called me. You think I'd back out if you ask for a duel?"

Hazel chuckled,"I can't bleed you to death Luca"

Luca,"As if you could. But stop going around like this without saying anything"

Ruby,"He is right. Don't go on your own.If it is hard to control,let young masters know"

Hazel didn't say anything. She wouldn't bring them with her if she lusts for blood,she didn't want to hurt them. "Don't worry. I'm in control. I won't snap again. But the nightmare made me hungry"

Luca,"What did you see?"

Hazel stayed silent for few seconds with stiff shoulders. She gulped hard and heaved a shaky breath,"A ruined kingdom with death bodies all over. Everyone was dead. There is....someone and that someone .....said he is going to destroy everything"

Ruby,"Who is 'he' ?"

Hazel,"Don't know. I don't even know if it was a 'he' or 'she'. I wanted to kill that person"

Luca sighed. If it was other time,he'd have laughed it out and teased her but looking at Hazel's terrified pale figure,he couldn't. "It's just a dream. Nothing will happen. We are training as knights,aren't we? It's our responsibility to protect this kingdom. And we will do it. Now come on. Let's head back"

Hazel looked back and smiled,"Yeah....you're right. I was paranoid"

Luca turned back and walked ahead with a frown. It was obvious how uneasy Hazel and he felt something is off with her. After Hazel went missing for a day with Dylan only to come back all soaked and wet,she had a slight change in her eyes as if she saw something beyond their eyes. He was worried thinking about it but couldn't really confront Hazel. And he could say Ruby also felt it seeing how she was being extra careful around Hazel.

Luca halted on the way signalling other two to stop too. Someone was near by and the trio got alerted. Pulling out the sword,Luca took a step forward and with steady steps,he followed the hushed voices. He pointed at a bush and looked at Hazel. Someone is in the other side.