Season 2|chapter 73

|Ch.73

___________

___________

Luca and Ruby were sitting on infront of the Pendragon gates since Luca was free from his duty for the day. It's been almost a week since Pendragons had left but no one had returned. Since the day they left,both Ruby and Luca made a habit of sitting infront of the gates drinking and doing some board games. Both of them never shared why they did it but they knew. Both of them were waiting for Hazel at the gate.

Moon was up above them shinning brightly.

Luca grabbed his hair in frustration when he lost to Ruby for the millionth time. After all,she is a gambling addiction,so naturally she knew how to win any game. The guards were too used to them sitting around the gate whenever they had time.

Luca cursed and threw a cold coin at Ruby,"Gold digging bitch"

Ruby stuck out her tongue with her blank face and hid the coin inside her gown pocket.

"My lord!!",A guard exclaimed.

Both Ruby and Luca stiffened. The echoes of footsteps were heard silencing every sound around them. It was a slow motion moment for them as they looked at each other with wide eyes before shifting their gaze towards the group of people who came right infront of them.

They were all bloodied from head to toe. But Luca and Ruby couldn't care less about blood. Their eyes were glued to the girl in Jungkook's arms,unconscious.

"My lady",Ruby whispered in disbelief. Her eyes teared up for reasons she couldn't clearly figure out. Happiness? Sorrow? She didn't know. The exhaustion she felt the past weak left her body instantly.

Luca had a complete blank face,muscles stiff. His lips wobbled a bit but he didn't let anyone catch it.

Jungkook walked past them without a word with Hazel in his arms.

Ruby wondered why they didn't have any happy expression even after getting Hazel back but what she saw next gave her the answer. The dead body of Kalisto came to the view. Seokjin was carrying the body with no emotion in his eyes. Ruby covered her mouth in shock.

Luca had wide eyes as if he had seen a terrible nightmare. His heart sank seeing his uncle's dead body. Is this....the price Pendragons had to pay for going to hell to bring back their sister? What will Hazel feel after all of this? He didn't want to imagine.

All the Pendragons walked past them in silence.

Luca held his hair as if he couldn't digest anything. Ruby held him by his forearm. "Get a hold of yourself. We need to be there for Hazel"