Chapter 24

|Ch.24

____________

____________

Hazel's pov|

In my previous life,I remember having so many affairs. They all ended up because of one reason,my background as an orphan. So I got used to it. It was a toxic feeling that grew up in my heart. So every time a man broke things off,I'd smile first and would thank him for wasting his time to entertain me. It was fucking hilarious to see their faces after I said how I fucking enjoyed faking my feelings.

But thanks to the experiences I had,I wasn't scared of anything. I had nothing to lose. The only thing I desired was my own life. I wanted to keep it to myself because it was the only thing I possessed. I earned money,made myself comfortable, went to clubs, drank to my heart content, smoked,life was fine until I transmigratted here.

A totally different life from what I experienced. But it didn't change the fact wanting to live as a freeloader. And that's what motivated me to come this far. To die like this,no. I didn't plan everything so I could die from the flames of hell today.

So,I feel so unfair now. These flames in this water is slowly hurting my body,trying to swallow me. I opened my eyes and tried to swim upwards. I raised my hand trying to grab onto something though I knew there was nothing to grab.

Gasp

Something held my hand!!

I looked up with so much struggle but my vision was blurry. My chest was hurting so much as I felt like my lungs would explode any moment. I tightened my grip around that hand and that person pulled me out of the water.

Gasping loudly, I looked at the person who was breathing next to me.  One crimson eye was staring at me with an emotion I didn't fail to notice. And no fire was reaching to us because of his holy aura around us. The aura of a great Pendragon,the power granted by the gods,he is using it to protect me.

"Brother Yoongi"

He swam towards the ground and placed me on the ground before coming to my side. And the red aura around him was slowly fading as if it is a sign of his weak body. What happened? Why is his aura twitching like this?

"Brother?what's —", I coughed loudly in the middle of the sentence but managed to ask again,"What's wrong?"

Yoongi laid on the ground feeling weak as he stared at me. "I'm fine. Just tired"

What?

"He jumped into the flames of hell to save you. His aura was indeed strong to keep you and himself alive but it had drained too much of his energy and aura", The hunting wolf's voice reached my ears. I looked at where it came from and found Jungkook and Luca standing infront of that creature with their swords out.