Chapter 28

|Ch.28

28

_________

Winter, a city,more precisely an abandoned city forest with mountains. Snow covered the top of each mountains like a white veil. A lot of people had given up living in Winter because of the amount of bad luck it carries. Though there were no snow on the grounds,it was still cold. And the darkness it carries is another way of describing the unluck. Though sun graced its rays to this ground,it doesn't affect the ground that much because of the heavy clouds. Every morning is like a maze dream because of the dense mist.

Small abandoned houses were everywhere but no one lives there anymore. People even have claimed that this village has been haunted by ghosts since a long time before.

But Pendragon family changed the meaning of this village. It started before Kalisto's generation,Pendragons sent their teen knight children to this village to train themselves. Without food,without a support, they had to live in that abandoned village all alone,training themselves.

Every knight who came out from that village became the greatest of the kingdom. That's how Winter knight camp concept came to the light.

Eva looked at the old empty haunted like houses. She gave a soft pat on the head of her horse and urged it to go further. Behind her,Leo came on top of his horse.

"The Winter camp,finally, it's here", Leo mumbled.

Eva,"This camp training will not be easy....and everyone is getting a little bit excited and anxious"

Leo hummed softly as he looked at the rising sun between the mountains. "It's hard to keep calm after that strange attack months ago"

Eva,"I'm not talking about it,your highness"

Leo,"Huh?"

"Lady Hazel,I heard she is participating this camp",Eva stopped her horse at the entrance of the little empty village and got down.

Leo followed her movements getting down from his horse. He felt a little uneasy with the mention of the girl he wants to marry. A striking guilt slashed through his heart remembering that particular day when she was attacked by those strange creatures. He was there yet he couldn't help her.

"Are you still displeased with what happened that day?", Eva asked as she looked back at him. She could guess what he was thinking.

Leo looked away,"I could have gone there and help her but.....if only sir Jimin didn't stop me...."

Flashback