Chapter 7.

Luke looked at me as we carried on looking for the driver. My sense of self-consciousness was overwhelming me since I wasn't accustomed to being so dressed up, and I was finding it hard to stay composed. Even though he generously admitted that I had improved from an ordinary six to a good 10 after the makeover, I was still furious that he hadn't given me a quick glance before I got dressed. I caught him staring at me again after scowling at him once again. He coughed as he circled back for the driver, who was nowhere to be seen. He scoured the streets, shielding his eyes from the light.

I recommended using the underground rather than the bus. In the metro, 15% of the particles on your skin are inhaled by you. It is not just exposed skin that may lead to skin malignancies. His response to my question, "How do you know this to be true?" was, "I read pretty much everything." He said, "That study we did back in 2008 when we studied the metro system." That's how he became so knowledgeable about them. New York City is famous for the amount of human waste in the air. That's how he learned such random facts.

I just spent a grand on that outfit, and you want to tarnish it already? "Yes, but it's not as uncomfortable as the subway. But the seats are filthy." As I lost consciousness, I began to stumble. I frowned at him, but my ankle broke as I fell, wrecking my sinister plan. Luke put his arm around my waist and drew me very close to him. I took my eyes from his chest so that the thickness wouldn't distract me. So I straightened myself and stayed away from his flabby chest. I muttered an apology to her about how inexperienced I was with heels.

After I had been staring at him for a while, he grinned and gave me a funny look. In addition to acknowledging that I was at a loss for words at the time, I also did the adult thing and crossed my arms. He said, "Would you mind holding hands?" I was uncomfortable and anxious in my heart as I looked at him. I shrugged my eyes and started to slide down the sidewalk, despite my additional cautious this time. I rolled my eyes and started to slip down the pavement. I found the driver, thanked him for coming, and hopped into the fancy BMW.

As he followed me, I saw the grin on his face. I kept my palm over my tummy and drove back into the winding streets teeming with cabs, feeling a rumbling come from there. His ankle landed on the knee of the leg he was using when he crossed his legs. We had supper outside. I had been on my back, crossing my legs at the ankles while I smoothed down the cloth. I tried to emulate his move for a few minutes, but I was unable to do it. Luke questioned, smirking a bit, "What kind of place is it?" Walking through the narrow streets in the busy region twenty minutes ago, I could almost see the Trump Tower standing out against the slick, multi-story edifice.

It took me a few seconds to recognize the polished panels and waterfall that I believed to be the entryway. I could see roads and street lights below the panels because of the way they mirrored them. The colorful lights accentuated the ten-foot-tall fountains. This huge house's front doors were ornamented with a gigantic letter that said "Connor." Luke nodded to me and the vehicle started to slow down. Nothing compares to making your first visit to a flagship hotel, is there? My heart pounded as I looked for solutions. I wasn't sure why I was feeling so anxious since it was only a motel. There was no sign of the lady I was searching for.

Anyone who wanted to stay there may hire the hotel room. To attend this event, one did not have to follow a dress code or be very affluent. I wouldn't be noticeable. But here was the hotel Luke owned. He was entitled to the property. Being brought to such a foreign spot for our first date could seem a little weird to us when we first go out on a date. I think it would have been best if he had taken things easy at first. Does this imply that the focus has already been placed on me? The ideas racing through my mind were bringing me back to earth. "Ella?" I enquired. I neglected to let you know that our restaurant is not located at the Express Hotel. I've been there before, but this is my first trip here. To make our business partnership seem more trustworthy, let me introduce you to a few of our partners.