Chapter 34.

In the moment that I laid eyes on Levi Connor for the very first time, I struggled to grasp how lovely he seemed. The green eyes and dark hair that Levi had gave him a heavenly appearance. Like a Disney prince or a model, he looked like him. Although it was possible that this was not the case at that particular time, Levi seemed to be an angel. His eyes were green and his hair was black, much like Luke's, but his skin was pale, which made his eyes stand out more. When I believed I understood all there was to know about the angel Levi Connor, I was wrong. Despite the fact that I did not see him in this manner, it made sense to me in some way. This was mostly due to the fact that I pictured him to be in a coffin. When I first laid eyes on Levi Connor, the angel, I had the impression that he was someone I had seen before. I started weeping in front of other people, and a few tears that had spilled out of my lips were falling out. He queried, "Are you okay?" in reply.

Not even my what-what's older brother can cry nicely in front of others. He was truly the older brother of my ex-whatever. "Levi," he repeated. "What's your story? Are you okay?" Luke questioned in a panicked tone. Levi said, "One question at a time," shifting his attention between Luke and me. He had asked me that question in the first place, and when I comprehended the answer, I knew why. I shook my head and snapped my lips shut after giving it some consideration. I shook my head and asked, "Have I come at a bad time?" With a sputter, I replied, "I can leave now!" As I stumbled, it struck me like a huge roar overhead.

Perhaps I ought to have stayed with Channing. I didn't think I could wait to meet Luke at his apartment, even if I didn't want to walk in the rain. When I get inside the car, Levi puts his hand on my shoulder and gives me a kiss, saying, "I'm here to make up for my little brother." It's just that I can do the least, he tells me. "Come on," he adds, bringing me to the seat on the passenger side of the vehicle. Luke stood at his doorway, his sallow stance washing out his sallow face in the porch light. Why waste my time talking to him when he'd made it so apparent that there was nothing to speak about? Levi said, "Get in," as he held open the door for me. With a pleasant smile, he assured me that the leather seats were not a problem. I paused as he yanked at my soaked shirt. "I don't mind if that's what you're thinking," he added.

Maybe I should have just pushed Channing to be around, even if it wouldn't have come from him. How were Luke and him once again brothers? Not even to let me in. I couldn't wait for Levi at Luke's house, but I didn't want to walk in the rain when he offered, "Let me drive you." "That's okay," I replied, but he stopped me, placed his hand on my shoulder, and guided me to the passenger side of his car. "If my little brother made you cry, it's the least I can do to make up for him. Come on," he urged. I flashed a brief glance at Luke, who remained standing at his doorway, the porch light throwing a wan glow over his white face.

It didn't feel fair to walk out like this, but he'd made it apparent there was nothing to speak about. Given his inability to participate in discourse, why would I devote any more of my time? He held the leather seats for me as he opened the door. After a small interval, I yanked at the damp shirt that was adhering to my body. "Smile, and don't worry about the seats," he urged. Luke's statements would never come back. Even though I was getting into a complete stranger's car, as soon as I got in and he closed the door for me, I felt like I had known Levi my entire life. Levi had to enjoy the rain without me, never having to stand in it again.

I lunged for the door handle as Levi climbed into the driver's side of the car. I had to check his car as I couldn't resist. When I discovered that it was a Maserati, my jaw practically collapsed. I had to examine the car, so as soon as Levi got inside, I went back to view his. "I can't understand why you are so upset." He inquired. I attempted to hold my weight on while keeping my wet pants off the console and window sills, assuring you that your Maserati seat would not allow me to harm it. He grinned and added, "Just sit down and don't worry." "Don't worry, you're fine."