Chapter 25.

The last time I saw him, he had either left before I woke up, came after I had gone to sleep, or just sealed himself in his room, making it difficult for me to get in contact with him. At any rate, I was unable to get in touch with him. Despite the fact that I was aware that I ought to have apologized to him, he believed that it was his job to do so. If I'm being really honest, I didn't want him to think that I had second-guessed my choice to kiss him. Due to the fact that I had also been working a lot, I was unable to affirm that it was true. When I contacted Channing, he said that I was trying to make up for the hours that I had lost at Coffee House, which was the reason why Luke was so busy. I never in a million years would have imagined that I would be in a position where I am being driven about by a chauffeur. However, I could see why it was so bad.

It was no longer possible for me to use the car that I had hired. Channing came to pick me up and put me down to Luke's house since I was unable to drive my own car to Luke's house. In the end, we were confronted with the need of exercising further care since I did not want Luke's mother to be aware that I was going through difficulties. "How was your workday?" Following the conclusion of my tour of duty at the Coffee House, Channing made an inquiry. The information that I shared with him was that it was not necessary for you to exit the vehicle in order to get to the home. The individual made a little shuffling gesture and then stated, "Just stay inside in the air conditioning." It was his insistence that I did not have to wait, and he assisted me by opening the passenger door of the automobile. "I do feel bad for you having to pick me up." I do not feel that it is included in your job description. He said, "I really don't mind!" in answer to the question. I questioned him while wearing a wistful smile on my face. "Besides, I do a lot for Luke that is not part of my job description." "Why do you do that?" I inquired about it. "As a favor for my friend."

Who is it that would make the request for Channing to take him up?Who among the group of pals would act in such a manner? This might be Dylan, right? When I had finished getting inside the car and turned around to face the driver, Channing gave me a little nod, and I observed, "You are a good friend." Channing turned around and returned to the driver's side of the vehicle with a little nod. In light of the fact that Channing is often rather chatty, I found it peculiar that he continued to be quiet as we were traveling to Luke's. As soon as he attempted to open the door for me, I was able to prevent him from doing so. "I've got it." My gratitude goes out to you for introducing me to Luke's. He answered, his voice taking on a more enthusiastic tone as I approached the house and took off my shoes at the entryway. I then entered the house. First, I glanced at the mat for a moment. There is no doubt that Luke did not own the footwear. For the sake of certainty, I looked over the railing. In order to be absolutely certain, I went over the fence since the shoes were intended for guys. While I was bouncing down the stairs into the main living area, I screamed out, "Hi Dylan!" and saw a mop of chestnut hair in the kitchen. I was surprised when he told me, "That's you. Make your way over here." My curiosity led me to take a cursory glance at his phone.

My mind wandered to the possibility that he was referring to the house that I had already put an offer on. He proceeded to look over the photographs that he had brought up, which were of a very lovely and modern duplex. The bathtub in one of the bathrooms was jam-packed to the point of being overflowing. In spite of the fact that it was not a Jacuzzi, the bath was satisfying nevertheless. "Well, if the opportunity arose, I would be glad to do business with you," he replied with a wink and a handshake. "I would be glad to do business with you." "Oh, very elegant." It was my question, "Would you live here?" Now, hold on. Can I assume that you are willing to rent me half of this house if your bid is successful in obtaining a bid? I inquired about it. I would be OK with it if I believed that you were a dependable enough and trustworthy person. I would be the one to carry out a credit check in addition to a security check. I said with a surprised tone, "That is not something that I need to accomplish." No matter what I looked for on my own, I had no problem discovering anything. "Here's a tip, Ella." The moment Dylan proposed that we should do this, I was completely on board with the idea; nevertheless, as soon as I carried it out, I felt a sense of remorse. In light of the fact that my back was no longer able to support me while sitting on the couch, I took the choice to leave Luke's flat.