Chapter 47:

When my phone vibrated, I was surprised to see a picture in the preview message, and I sat up in a daze before I realized what had happened. As I sat up in bed, I turned my attention to it. Following that, I opened the door and saw a photograph of Luke. After then, I saw that he was sitting in his brand-new automobile. I don't see why he would offer me a selfie since I could easily zoom in with my elbows while he was shooting the picture. By delivering Luke to his car dealership and picking him up earlier than she had originally intended, Isabelle was able to fulfill her vow to Luke. Within the caption, Luke posed the question, "How do I look?" I began to compose a response, rolled my eyes, and laughed about it; but, just as I was about to submit it, Channing got in touch with me over the phone. Considering that I was no longer depending on him to get in touch with me often, I decided to click on it. I clicked on it in the hopes that it would divert his attention away from Levi.

Help was something I need immediately. It will be thirty seconds before I arrive at your door to greet you. A little period of time was spent reading the message before I returned to my bed and hurriedly made my way downstairs to get my footwear. What prompted Channing to make a request for assistance? Channing got out of the car and sprinted to the passenger seat as soon as I opened my door. The vehicle was Levi's Maserati, and it was parked in my driveway. While I was rushing by, Troy was in the kitchen making lunch and was staring at me with a hostile expression. After Channing had fallen under Levi and Levi had wrapped his arms around him to help him get out of the truck, I was finally able to emerge from the fog that I had been falling into. With a quick query, "What's wrong?" Channing, who was rushing down to assist him, said angrily.

Levi, on the other hand, interrupted him. Due to the misery that was visible on his face as he walked away from Channing, I was under the impression that he had fallen. During the time that I was doing the same thing on the other side, Channing wrapped his arm around Levi's waist. I could see that Levi must have suffered a significant injury, regardless of whether he wanted to accept it or not, since he relied on Channing and me to take the bulk of his weight as we walked him up the stairs and into the house. While we were battling to keep Levi under control, Troy came out of the kitchen, approached us, and scooped him into his arms. After I was convinced that he had thrown his spatula in the direction of the sink, he didn't waste any time and came right over to us and picked him up. In the moment when Levi wrapped his arms around my brother's neck, it was difficult not to laugh loudly.

I had to force myself to stop laughing as I saw Levi adorning his knight's arm. I then started to follow my brother into the living room as he carried Levi. I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from laughing. I started to follow my brother as he walked away, but I stopped when I saw that Channing was still standing with his feet planted on the ground. Just what is wrong here? I asked Channing, "What's going on?" to which he responded, "Huh? There's nothing wrong with Mrs. Connor." I couldn't help but laugh as Channing turned to face me and said, "What did she do to Levi?" I asked, feeling a chill run down my spine. When Levi thought about what my brother had done to him, he became red in the face. Channing wore a frown. In response to Troy's inquiry, "What happened?" Levi repeatedly shakes his head and says, "It was my fault." Troy continues to ask, "Levi." I inquired of him, "What is wrong with Levi?" "Levi has a bruise?" the individual says, shaking his head in a persistent manner. The look on Levi's face is one of utter terror. "No!"

Everyone was taken aback when I said, "It wasn't me..." "Levi!" Everyone was caught off guard since they were not expecting such an angry reaction from such a meek boy. "No way!" "No way!" "That's not what you're thinking! She did nothing!" "Did you fall down the stairs?" I wondered to myself. From the beginning of my existence until now, I had never previously heard Channing yell at me. His voice was elevated, and he glared at Levi while balling his fists. This may have been the first time in his life that he really did this. When he looked at Levi with a frown, his cheeks became crimson. Despite the fact that I have always had my reservations about her level of criminality, I never imagined that she would do damage to her own children. In a fit of wrath, I felt like hurling my heart against the wall as I heard Channing cry, "Stop protecting her!" However, she did not even hesitate to respond to my statement.