Chapter 39.

By the time Levi heard my yell, he had whirled around to face me, clenched his hand to resist the urge to throw my phone across the room, and put one palm over his chest. His hand started to tighten as he turned around to face me. A second time, the vibrations on my phone began, and I clenched my hand in response. Despite the fact that I am pleased that you are interested in my aid, I do not feel that Luke is bothered by the present circumstance. He gazed at me for a whole minute in a state of disbelief, and his eyebrows creased in sign of concern. "I doubt that my presence will motivate him to change anything," he said to reporters. You are perfect in every way imaginable. Simply put, Luke has been expressing to me how great his love for me is.

My question at the moment is, "Isn't it a little ridiculous for him to stop speaking to me because of his mom's insistence, when it is evident that he is so in love with me that it would be pointless to break up with me? Everyone keeps saying that it's true." "I know he has a reason for breaking up with me, but I also know that he has a reason for that." "I tried to be understanding," "I tried to be understanding," "I know he has a reason," "But I know he has a reason." I am finding that it becomes increasingly difficult to deal with each time he fails to communicate with me. When he is with someone else, I find myself wondering why I am required to wait for him.

My chest rose and sank as if I had been so worked up in front of him, and I felt humiliated by his behaviors. I felt as if I had become so worked up. "I am sorry for that, Ella. Why should I worry about his feelings? Does he wish that I understood what he is going through in front of me? It seemed that he was lacking in courage in standing up for his mother. Although it may not have been impossible, he put a soft glance on my shoulder, effectively muting me by putting a soft hand on my shoulder. You're right. It's likely that I even requested you to consider his sentiments before your own. In this case, I consider myself to have been self-centered. I realized I had upset him as I looked at the floor, a coil of remorse enveloping my insides. Levi wasn't a part of it. Actually, he was attempting to assist both Luke and myself. Checking his watch, Levi rose from the kitchen table. "Let's go then."

I blinked at him and said, "Huh?It would be irresponsible of me to let you hurt my brother and me while my mother is still at work. Would you want to go visit her?My father is now at work. "I didn't give it any thought at all, but I can't allow you to go about harming my brother and me." "What?" I can let Luke apologize, but I won't apologize for what he's doing. There is no point in planning if we do not put things together in order to accomplish it." After leaving the kitchen before me, I followed him all the way to the front door, where he put on his shoes. I did not apologize for what he was doing. When I informed you that I was going to speak to my mother, I believe I pretty well disintegrated immediately after that. Upon realizing that we were not going to be able to visit Mrs. Connor, Levi grabbed my wrist and shook my head in amazement. I was shivering in shock. My mind was unable to accept it. Although he was in the process of shoving me out the door, I felt him grip my arm and respond with a "Yes."

He said, "I am the last person she wants to see," as he assisted me in passing through the door. "And I'm the one she wants to see the most." I think we'll form a fantastic team." I stood there motionlessly as he dug my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the doors to my car, ushering me into the driver's seat. After climbing into the passenger's seat, he stuck the keys in the ignition and twisted them. I attempted to shut the car back off but he batted my hand away. "Ella," he said, lips pulling into a deep frown. "What are we going to get out of doing this?You are aware that I had the intention of killing my mother, but I was unable to obtain as much information as I would have wanted since I was too far away. This is a welcome development.

Things will go forward more quickly if I am able to reintegrate into the company. All that is required is one thing. "All it takes is one thing to convince the board to terminate my mother." "Like kill her?!"No... "Yes that does make more sense doesn't it, ha ha," he continued, giving me a bewildered expression. When I finally grasped what he was doing, my eyes lighted up with excitement. "What are your goals once we get there?""My mother and I are going to meet shortly. I didn't question Levi's plan when he didn't elaborate because it seemed impossible because he was dragging me along with him. She's probably going to want me to go back to California right away, but she's a bit weaker than she used to be. And I don't mind. There is no need for her to worry about me telling her." "It seems that Luke was a bit startled last night by your sudden appearance." "You'll find out. He will get over it."