Chapter 43.

While I was trying not to wake Luke, I cradled his head on my lap. His hair was matted to his forehead, and his skin had become pale. I was able to catch Luke just before he hit the ground, which prevented Levi from being able to move Luke. Putting his hands beneath his arms, Levi kneeled next to me and joined me in prayer. The next thing that happened was that Levi got down on his knees next to me and said, "No, let's lay him flat for now." I watched as Levi gently laid him down on the ground. Despite the fact that I was still experiencing agony, I reminded myself, "He'll wake up soon." I was unsure as to whether Troy had been set up for Levi's accident, but I still found Luke to be frightening, and I sort of enjoyed it. Luke was a source of concern for me, but at least I was able to relax and think more clearly now. It was now that I was able to think clearly.

At the very moment when my thoughts were beginning to delve too far, Levi's dread hit once again, and I saw him shifting his concentration between Dylan, Levi, and myself. It was just as I was about to go too far into my thoughts when his eyes suddenly opened. The young man grabbed Levi's pants and sat up, pulling himself up by clutching the ends of the jeans. Levi stood up and said, "I'll be right back." The young man made his way back to the table. He responded with a loud "No." While I was gently assisting Levi in rising to his feet, I reassured him, "I will not leave." Luke had even strengthened his grip on Levi's hand. I was providing him with reassurance. I removed Levi's clammy fingers and informed him, "I will not be leaving." I also told him, "It's okay, Luke. We're not going anywhere."

After some time had passed, he became unsteady on his feet and grimaced, smoothing down his brow and caressing his forehead. "Have I passed out?" I questioned, wondering what it was about him asking me at that moment that was so disturbing to me. After I had questioned him, he responded by asking, "Yeah, are you okay?" I was not troubled by the fact that the question was posed to me. "It seems reasonable for someone who witnessed you faint to ask such a question," I murmured, attempting to force my lips into a straight line. He said, "You wouldn't be asking me that question if you knew what I was thinking." I twitched my jaw in reaction to his remark, "What, you think I shouldn't tell anyone that Levi was at fault for Troy's accident?" He was unable to look him in the eye as he spoke. This was a highly distressing and agonizing experience.

What kinds of things could happen to a person who has lost a sibling? Who is my sibling? I was really disheartened when I heard him say that. When I saw Troy trembling and looking up at me while he was looking up at the ceiling, I let out a sigh. "How did you feel when Troy was in jail?" I asked the question. In no way is he to fault. He is now housed in prison for a crime that he did not commit. "When I questioned Luke, he seemed scared. We were in a really bad place. Shall I scream at him now? It's not his fault. I couldn't even scream. What was it that I was unaware of? What else of this was I unaware of? I glanced to Dylan when he finally spoke again. "If that helps," he responded, offering to pay you back. I questioned, "Are you serious?"

"Are you really under the impression that I am hunting for money in every single thing?It was unclear to me if my lack of belief was visible on my face when I spoke. "The legal remedy for exoneration is typically a compensation-" "Do you really think that I am looking for money out of everything?"" he squinted. We were going to have to speak about this together, so Levi just walked back over to Luke and walked down the stairs holding a glass of water. "I'm sorry, Ella, but I don't know what I should say to you." "No..." Levi just went back to Luke and said, "Let's talk about this together." "Maybe take one of these pills because we have so much to talk about." Levi had been correct when he said that. "Do any of us think that way? Is it possible that I have simply abandoned you?" I posed a query.

You seem to be on the verge of passing out once again. Levi was correct-this would not be an easy talk. "Luke," I said. "I don't need anything." My heart began to race once more. I thought that maybe he was going to faint again. Luke paused for a second longer before taking the tablet. "Ella probably already worries that you're going to pass out again." We had to speak about this. He scowled when he saw me gazing. "It's nothing, Ella." He said, "It's nothing. "I had no idea that you were so anxious. In general, it's not very intense." "It just helps me relax." It's not something I anticipated." "Neither am I," I answered. Levi saddenedly locked his attention on me. I moved away from him at the depressed expression on his face. I couldn't just sweep the matter under the rug; I couldn't ignore it.