Chapter 14

Considering that I was Luke's guest, I reasoned that it would be wise for me to insist on sleeping on his sofa. That was a bad decision, as I discovered when I woke up at six in the morning. My body was too long for the cushions, so I had to curl up to make myself comfortable such that my feet hung over the arm supports. Just as I was moving, I saw that the light above me turned on—a light that would have prevented me from needing to get back into a comfortable position—and for a moment I thought about getting up.

I bent my head like if he had just stepped out. from the water, but as I staggered, his head stayed lowered. toward the direction of the steps. As he went on, my gaze remained fixed. despite the fact that he was wearing a navy blue shirt, to freeze and try not to wake me awake. Wet hair and a blue suit. His goal this time was to avoid waking me awake by moving much more slowly. I stopped as soon as he sat down on the sofa, but he couldn't hold it in his pocket when he answered his phone. phone. He murmured to me, "It's 6 a.m."

as he took it out of his pocket and tried to conceal it with his hand as I extended out to show him that I had woken up. I noticed he was already there as I was getting ready to go and dressed, so I put the blanket over my waist, sat down, and watched to see whether he was going to go. Would I accompany him? I sat down, shifting into a sitting posture. He muttered, rubbing his eyes and glancing at me. He yanked out the phone and said, drowsily, "I'll be there soon, I've got to go." from his ear and said, "I'll be there soon." He seemed tired. I was quite awake nevertheless, and I got the impression that he was more sorry that I had been awake when he apologized to me, saying, "I didn't mean to wake you."

I sensed he was more irritated that I was up, and I knew he wasn't a morning person either. He said, "Did you sleep okay?" Did he believe I was prepared to go yet?Instead, I scowled. "Are you heading out?" I asked instead. During the early hours of the morning, I had called off work, but I could not get out of bed. I had called out of work because one of our resorts was having an issue, and I had to go in. "Are you going to deliver me to my residence?"No. It doesn't bother me. All I can hope for "No, I'll be back soon," he said, adjusting his tie. You are able to remain." I chewed on my bottom lip. I wondered how it would be if I just stayed at his place alone?

I found it weird enough with him here, but how would it be without him around? "Are you sure?"Are you going to steal anything?"No!"I trust you to stay here," he yawned. Other than that, I had to admit that I preferred the Jacuzzi over everything else, and even if I had gone back home, I still didn't like my bed. He smirked a little as he entered the kitchen. His phone rang, and he saw a text message. "Okay," he replied. I shook my head and tucked the comforter under my chin. Maybe after he leaves, I'll be able to use his bed instead of the couch. I fell back down on the couch, lying there like a fool. That would be a weird situation. condition. Until I locate a new one, the sofa will have to do. abode.

"I'll lock it, so don't let anyone in," Luke said. said as he walked by me holding a water bottle once more. I nodded, feeling a little awkward, and made a plea to Luke. He didn't say, "I'll lock it, then," until he cleared his throat. I mumbled and nodded, and he headed for the staircase. I closed my eyes and went back to settling down. Bennett had changed so much since I'd last seen him. I wondered if my snapping at him was the reason for his change. I smacked the pillow over my head and sighed. The idea of getting inebriated in front of strangers made me laugh, but the idea of doing so was embarrassing. I wondered wine?

I slept for the first time about 10:00 a.m. drowsy, it was about midday when I got to the home. The room seemed lighter and cozier since it was silent and the sun was streaming through the glass wall. More than ever, I noticed that Luke had purposefully placed the Jacuzzi tub to overlook the gorgeous lake beyond. I could see why he had done so, and I intended to spend some time relaxing in there while Bennett was gone. a spot to sit and unwind, and since I had no idea when he would return, I wanted to make sure I locked the door this time. The thought of it warmed me, so I made sure I locked the door once more.