Chapter 33.

I was the recipient of a sideways gaze from the woman. A fleeting look was all that she offered me, as if she were in a hurry. A sideways look was given to me by her. Her attention moved in a different direction. As I made my way to the coffee pots, I turned on my heel and poured her cup of coffee. "Black." What is Mrs. Connor doing at this location? What in the world could she possibly be attempting to pass on to me? This request of hers has already been granted. Would it be possible for you to politely explain why she is always making fun of me? "You're welcome to the change," I remarked to her after she handed me her drink and added, "Thank you." I offered her a ten, and she slid it to me. I spread my arm out and let the money to fall onto the table. "I don't want it."

Without making any physical contact, she spoke the words, "Have a nice day!" I don't want to give the impression that I am being condescending to you. Oh my goodness, we are going to get there, aren't we? I cocked my eyebrow and said, "Letting Luke end things cleanly. I am glad you have accepted that you and I were not meant to be together." I remarked in a courteous reply, "It is a joy to help." I was pleased to be of assistance. The grin that was on her face caused me to smile warmly. Even though the main reason I dated Luke was to take advantage of the money he promised you, it is not surprising that you are handling this much more easily than I imagined. In fact, it is not surprising at all. He made a promise, but has he kept it?

I'll make things right if that's the case. On the condition that he paid you, I gave him my word that there would be no problems occurring. He deposited the money because I could see that he was right, and that is the reason why he did so. Would it be possible that it is a hoax? It was almost as if I could feel his mother calming me down. When Luke heard what was spoken to him, he was taken aback. As I have reminded him on several occasions, I am not in this location to make money. She added, "I'm just here to help you," while passing out a plastic clothes bag. She continued by saying, "It seems like Landen forgot this when he was packing up your belongings from Luke's house."

In the process of fighting for our relationship, he banned my number, blocked my work number, and refused to accept any calls from Dylan's phone. I had not imagined how difficult it would be to fight for our relationship. Whenever I visited to his home, I got the impression that he was making every effort to avoid me at all times. I was confident that his mother was the one responsible for this, that Christian had abandoned their lawsuit only two days previous to Luke's abduction, and that Luke was being kidnapped by his mother. Despite this, I couldn't help but feel furious with Luke the whole time.

He made no attempt to defend himself. It was a mystery to me why he did not just tell me what had taken place. What was the reason why he couldn't simply tell me what was going on? Shouldn't he simply confront her and put a stop to it? I had a lot of things that I wanted to say to them, and I also had a lot of things that I wanted to say to him. A little groan came out of my mouth when I heard the statement "Just forget about him." When I thought about Troy, I realized that he had ended his relationship with you with his secretary, and as a result, I buried my head in my hands. In order to catch my attention, my brother made a snapping motion with his fingers on the counter. My head was up and I sneered at Troy. "Just forget about him," I said. Putting his arms across his chest, Troy folded them.

Even though I really like Luke, I still don't understand why he would do that. The espresso machine was cleaned out with a cloth, so Donna made the decision to stop defending him while he was abusing you. "It's his mother," I cut back defensively. I would normally agree with Troy and Donna, but she bit her lip and added, "There's something she's got over him. Luke, on the other hand, was distinctive. If it were any other case, I would have agreed with them. Luke, on the other hand, was distinctive.

I kept my shoulders hunched, ignoring Donna and Troy. "I simply need to talk to him." "I just need to talk to him." It seemed like they had no concept what Luke's mother was like since they did not comprehend the way she did. I knew they were only watching out for me. The truth is that I detested having to defend his actions. I didn't think they would leave me.
in this fashion. despite the fact that we were not a couple in the traditional sense, I was aware that he had to be loyal to me.