Chapter 37.

You only need to pick up the flowers from the location where I purchased them if you were unable to handle them the previous time. When collecting the flowers, show consideration and courtesy. You definitely need to make a good impression when you go because I am going to meet Aiden and his wife the following week and I want to make a good impression. Let her recommend what would be the finest dinner since she chose the place. I was unable to focus on what my mother was saying since I had a headache at the same time and my tongue tasted like old leather.

I was sitting in front of my bathroom sink, trying not to twist and curve my stomach in an effort to prevent it from coming out, and there was no way I could focus on what she was saying. I could already tell what type of response I was going to have as her high-pitched voice began to sound like Muhammad Ali was punching my head. When was the last time I had been intoxicated? "Are you listening?" "Yes; what's up with your voice?" "What's wrong with your voice?" I couldn't recall. It had been a while since they had last seen one another. To have your mother's understanding seems weird to me. "Luke—Tony," I cut her off. "I barely drank anything, I said back, rubbing my forehead to try and alleviate the pain behind my eyes - and everywhere else too. "What's my middle name?

What say you about that?"I don't see why you're so furious when you had no option but to remain with that girl from the beginning," she questioned, her question first going unnoticed by me. "Aren't you ashamed?"I wanted to make sure I did not have to discuss this now or in the future. Pulling the phone away from my ear, I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the future. There is nothing wrong with that. That is not what I am saying." "Then we are done with this." As far as I'm concerned, I don't concern myself with it. The next action you should do is to make sure Claire does not see any indications that you could be behaving dishonorably." When she inquired about my expected arrival time, I stared at the ceiling and counted to three.

"I need to stop by the office first, which is fine with me." "Fine." "When you get here, I'll see you. The Wailea site is the one that I need to contact regardless." "You are responsible for the matter anyway." I assured her that I would be there quickly. We will meet up when you arrive. My mother's noncommittal voice caused him to quit taking care of it. From the moment building started, everything went well. It had taken me a while to get my phone to keep flying across the room, so I went back and fell onto my bed to block out the bright light so that I could overcome my problems in a way that would make me more likely to do so without feeling disgusting and guilty afterwards. "I am very aware of the development," "I didn't want it there in the first place." Yates is overseeing the development at the moment, and he will keep me informed if anything arises."

I was fully aware of Ella's presence last night, and I could also remember having puked on her. Well, I was pretty sure she probably wouldn't give me another chance anymore, I thought bitterly. In my last attempt, I threw a pillow off the bed, and I realized that I did not have another chance. My mother controlled my life, so I didn't have a chance to make decisions for myself. Levi came back and won. After all these years, when Levi returned to my house, he didn't even try to find out how I was doing. I was shocked that he did not even try to ask me how I was doing. Levi had been here for a reason, but he hadn't told me about it.

That jerk— I could not even tell you that I was jealous of him when he didn't even know him well. I couldn't think of any way I could be jealous of my brother without knowing him well. It seemed to me that someone had stayed in touch with him about her, since he appeared to have kept in touch with her. As far as I was concerned, I thought it was Channing who had called. And he would have then been able to ask me how he was? Due to my immaturity, I was unable to handle this rationally. Levi had been here for a reason, just like his relationship with Ella.

Levi would not want to return if he wasn't asked to. The lowest point of his life wouldn't be a place where he would be forced to return voluntarily. For the time being, all I had to do was maintain my act and act as though he wasn't here. If she started to suspect me, I would lose everything. Levi couldn't return; his life wasn't worth mine. It would be pointless for me to keep my brother alive if it meant sacrificing all of my happiness to keep him alive. My phone popped up and I saw an unknown text message. Claire here. We'll be at a casual place tonight. I'm not sure if your mom said it.