Chapter 28.

Channing was carrying a document when I heard him stroll inside my desk, so I yelled, "Mr. Connor?" at him. I yelled at him. I sat up straight and cleared my throat. "What?" "Are you feeling okay?" I wipe a palm over my forehead, groaning. Most likely, he thought I had gone back to sleep. "I'm thinking." "Okay, I'll just leave it here then." "Thank you." He seemed to understand by nodding. "I'm just looking for the licenses for the hotel in Wailea, and I hired a Webmaster to create the website for the hotel." "Thank you." He stated. That same moment, he remarked, "Then, I will be heading out." "May I ask you a question please? I am your buddy even if I'm not your employer.

"I'm sure!" Channing blinked at me. I pressed my lips together, trying not to seem bitter. "Suppose you know this girl and for some reason she's staying with you and it's going great, but some circumstances happened where she wanted to leave, but you didn't want her to leave... how do you convince her to stay?" I sealed my lips, trying not to seem bitter. Why did he want to tell me about Ella so badly? "Wouldn't he just pretend he didn't know?" was the one question he was unable to respond to. "Yes," I answered. Lying to him would be a waste of time. "Well, you can't make her do what you want," he remarked, "since Ella is an independent person. She is free to choose her own course of action."

"But I want her to stay." "Have you tried asking her?" "Yes, but she said she didn't want me to feel that way." "I don't think she wants to stay." "I don't think she wants to stay." If it was me, I questioned. Did she find it unpleasant to share a bed? Did she find this place repugnant? Was my brother's bedroom cleaned by me? I was curious whether it was me. Surprisingly, she didn't appear to believe that I wouldn't do it. "She's not trying to cut you off from her just because she's moving out," I muttered. I said, "But he can move in too if he wants to." Given that her brother just came out of prison, I can understand Ella's desire to move in with her brother. Ella feels terrible about intruding on you since her brother hasn't been let out of jail yet. She is good-hearted. She finds it difficult to accept them since she wasn't given many assistance throughout her childhood." I apologize for saying that, but I think it would have been preferable if Ella's brother hadn't been freed. That way there would be no issues for her. It was unclear whether Dylan really cared until he had her place ready.

I sank to my desk with a moan as I realized how immature I was. What was it that I was experiencing? Channing gave me a shoulder pat. My head flew back up, realizing what I was getting myself into. "Love?" "Yes?" he said, staring at me innocently. "L-love...well...I..." I felt the heat rising on my cheeks as I trailed off and stammered. "It's not...I don't..." He tapped on his arm and cocked his head to the side. "Well, at least I love Ella." I paused before saying. "What?" Channing gave a nod. "I love her a lot." "Since when?" was my question. Was Ella going to be loved by Channing? Channing never seemed like the kind of person I would pursue a romantic relationship with. Following the statement, "Do you think she would choose you? I have more time with her than you do." Squeezing his cheeks in joy, Channing put his hands to his heart. Then my heart began to race for no apparent reason. "Oh my! I was aware of it." I charged, "You did it on purpose!"

He shrugged his shoulders and slightly raised his spectacles. I tingled in my gut and flung a box of Kleenex at him. "I didn't think you were aware enough to make that decision on your own." He avoided everything I threw at him while I threw more objects at him. "Get out!" "I'm so happy for you Luke!" "It's Mr. Connor!" Removing my desk chair, I said, "I'll be your best man!" I shook my head just as Channing closed the office door. "I'll be able to be your best man!" I grasped the edge of the desk, dizzy from the dizziness. I stood up slowly and sat down once again. Is it love? Is it love? Was that what I truly said? Ella was my love, right? I had an image of her in my head, one with her lovely hair, gentle skin, and resolute blue eyes. I tightly grasped my heart as it skipped a beat. Ella was adored by me. Was love the only thing at stake here? This was not what I expected. It had been a while since I had been in a healthy relationship. I fell deeply in love with her, despite the fact that we hadn't even dated. Perhaps she feels differently.