Chapter 54.

My mother was standing at the door at midnight, her eyebrows shooting up as I walked up the stairs to Isabelle's home. "Where would I go?" I pushed past her and entered the home. "You came back." "I wasn't supposed to?" "I thought you'd try to run away." Has she ever removed those?"Do I have to stay here tonight?" I questioned my mother, who trailed after me down the hallway with her heels clicking loudly in the quiet.The woman most likely intended them to be stabbed there and then, and she most likely urged them to stab individuals on the spot. "Why don't you want to go to the night with your soon-to-be wife?" I continued. I don't feel safe in people's homes, and I believe I wouldn't have needed to do this if I trusted you more. It's obvious that you don't hold yourself very accountable.

I knew what I was saying when I stepped back to face her and said, "Keep me close to you," "I don't understand why I have to go along with your corrupt schemes," and "Luke," although she was looking at me with an excited expression. "Don't talk over me," "Do you know why I didn't interfere with your snooping," and "I don't care because what you find won't matter." The amount of proof you collect is irrelevant since it won't be significant. You are free to go through as much information as you want. But because it's not, you're not winning. This was one strategy she used. She asked that I answer this. But I ultimately decided against it. Luke, I can see you still have hope in your eyes.

Your eyes convey that you are still full of optimism. It wouldn't work to say, "You have a choice?" or, "I know you're here, don't you?" followed by, "Yes, but it will not be fair to you and your friends." It would not function. I hid my ugly looks and said, "Are you done speaking?" I was surprised and asked, "How did Troy get out of jail?" It would never work. Her question echoed in my ears, and the moment I gave it some thought, I felt a weight descend upon me. "She asked her question, and I could not help but feel shocked at what she had done. How was she involved in Troy's release? We should have known by now. Dylan ought to have asked Ella how he managed to get away, surely?

I could hardly speak. "I tried to be kind, Luke, but I did not give her back her brother." Was it not enough for her? Did you miss that? In what way...?Why does it take you so long to pay his way out? she said questioningly."Are you unaware of how crooked the legal system is?"Why should you remove him after you introduced him initially?It would not have been that hard for you to get Levi out of there. According to what you have already said, it should not have been that difficult for you to do it. There is a reputation Levi has to uphold. "I thought you had understood that," she inquired. "It is not wrong to feel sorry for a person who has been wrongly imprisoned." "Your brother or him probably put Levi in there." "You would have been able to take Levi out of there if you had tried to."

I reasoned that because you had already discovered it, I would disavow Levi and put him in prison. I swallowed, would that have been what you'd wanted? In my My mother did not strike out at me when I replied, "Don't." She remarked, "You're too sensitive, Luke." I expressed concern about the future of our firm, but we still have a long way to go. "No, you will not have to take over this company." "Oh, you'll have to." "I do." "I have to live in this life." I'll take it." "I'll take over it." "I feel sick to my stomach watching the pleasure dancing in her eyes. "Your life belongs to me. Have you really thought about why I brought this up in the first place?" I examined her expression. "Why?" "I'm surprised you've not realized it yet."

"Do you think I felt guilty about someone as insignificant as Troy? Did you really believe that I was sorry for doing so?" To make you understand "If getting him out of jail was so easy, then I could put him back in there just as easily as getting him out." I responded, "No." "I told you right away," I responded. My heart was racing at an incredible pace, and I shook in a state of anxiousness as I realized it was essential for me to keep my anger in check. That was how she always prevailed. I had to trust her even if I couldn't. She never committed any wrongdoing. Why do you act in this way?"I have spent my entire life in this company," I inquired in a caustic tone. I have given this firm my blood, sweat, and tears.