chapter 22.

Furthermore, he promised to spend the day with just the two of us. Would anything change about now? It may have been preferable if it hadn't been. Maybe he recognized that the previous evening had been a mistake. "Ella, you should make sure you've got your phone," he said, cutting off my dramatic thoughts, as it wouldn't alter our plans. Why was I meant to wait for him all day? As I said, I softly smiled. He didn't even blink once. "Yes. I will let you know my availability once you let me know yours." The issue lies in your ignorance. Dylan has a five o'clock appointment with Miss Kingston.

I gave Donna an accusatory stare and said, "So at that time, you'll have to stay here or with me." To be fair, Donna was perplexed. She enquired, "What reservations?" She gave us each a quick look. She glanced at us, her expression mild. I'm searching for a decent restaurant, just as Luke made me. Dylan had answered his question correctly, based on his nod of the head. "I'm not against dinner alone with you, Donna," I said, puckering my lips at Dylan as he left. "Now that this has been clarified, I will shower and get dressed." "Dinner reservations for you and Donna?" he asked, and she pretended to scratch her chin.

"I personally would've liked to get dinner with you all together," he said. Dylan blushed as if this was a set up. Do you want my hot bod?" I laughed, a little uneasy. I wasn't sure how I would handle being by myself with Luke tonight, even though I knew Dylan would take care of Donna. alone with Luke on a date. Was it even a date? Or was he just behaving in a romantic manner? I didn't want to think about it, so I hadn't inquired. Neither of the responses to the question was really excellent. "I'll leave you two to it." Dylan replied, "I'm open to any deal." Donna and I gazed at one other in the room as we leaned together and chuckled meaningfully. I giggled and pondered how much I would like becoming his wife.

"You date someone for his money." "I'll eat it all!" she exclaimed with a sly grin, "You do not marry someone for their food." "Never!" I cautioned her. Three bread pieces were snatched by her and jammed into her lips. She grabbed them and stuffed them into her mouth, exclaiming, "I'll eat it all!" "In general, you should retain the money for yourself," I shrugged. "But please, don't look a gift horse in the mouth."I'm 95% sure today will wind up being billed to Luke, so let's take advantage of it as much as we can," she added, pulling out some bread.

"Don't forget his gift?" she asked. As we did not have all day to explore, Donna and I decided to visit the spa, the shops, and even learn how to stand up paddleboard, so we decided to go there. "Yeah, yeah," she replied, as she grabbed a forkful of scrambled eggs. In addition to telling us about Hawaii's history, our tour guide showed us some mountains that we can hike together in the future. Because of his family's involvement in the resort there, he was an extremely knowledgeable person about the island. The hotel was everything they imagined they were going to build. I wasn't expecting so much. In addition to Luke's knowledge of all these strange and random things, there was probably a reason for it.

He probably learned something new every day, just like me. It was great to learn about Hawaii too. It felt like such a peaceful place, with very friendly people. The experience made me feel as if I had entered a completely different universe, where the passage of time had been slowed down, with just a hint of salt in it. The room was warm and soothing, with just a hint of sea salt to taste. As a result of all the stress I have been through in my life, I forgot what it was like to be carefree and stress-free. It was upon our return from paddleboarding that a passerby handed me a white hibiscus flower. Dylan and the young man winked as they walked away from the area. I stared up at the trees around us, in awe at their vibrancy. In fact, the whole island was vibrant.

All day, I'd been having trouble taking in just how beautiful this place was. "I got water in my ear," Donna complained as she tilted her head to the side and shook it. "That's what you get for falling so many times," I teased. "What did you get then?"You fell more than her," Dylan said. I squinted at him, trying not to let his unexpectedly muscular chest distract me. He was tan and gorgeous. How had I fallen in love with Luke again? "Which side are you on?He shrugged, saying, "Thirty minutes isn't that bad to get it right. His hair wasn't even wet, that's how good of a paddleboarder he was." "I suppose," he said.