chapter 5

It's been 2 weeks after Rashmi's engagement.
Now only 3 weeks are left for her wedding and everyone was busy with wedding preparations.
Ladies were busy with shopping while men were busy in  looking at all other arrangements.
It was Sunday and as usual everyone has gathered at Singh's house for having lunch and discuss about the wedding related stuff .
Anirudh have  you booked the venue for the wedding that we shortlisted. We don't want any cancellation at the last moment as it is the wedding season... Randhir asked .
Ji Maama ji . I have even paid half of the amount for it . Rest assured we will have no problem with it as I have known them from quite sometime and they are good with their work....Anirudh assured him making Randhir sigh in relief.
The door Bell rang and Arushi went to open the door only to find Chavi along with Prerna and Ayush .
Wow....what a pleasant surprise...Arushi cheered happily hugging Chavi and Prerna.
She picked up Aayush kissing his cheek making him blush and the ladies laughed looking at the shy boy .
Come Di, we were about to have lunch . I must say you have came at the right time ...Arushi said leading them to the dining room .
Prerna and Chavi greeted everyone and they all were happy to have them here .
We were passing by so just thought to stop by and know how the wedding preparations are going on Prerna said making everyone smile .
They all got indulged in their talks while Chavi stole glances at Anirudh who was busy in discussing something with Rahul .
She took a seat beside Arushi who was telling her about the dresses she is gonna purchase for Rashmi's wedding while the soon to be bride was busy texting her fiance .
Chavi was seeing him after 2 weeks and there was not a single day when she didn't think about him and here he is busy in his talks without even sparing her a glance .
She thought she have made some progress during the engagement with him but he was behaving like she was a complete stranger to him .
She needs to work hard to befriend him she thought . She looked at her Bhabi who was busy taking with her Massi i.e Sharmila ji about the wedding preparations.
She was looking for a chance to have a conversation with him .
Chavi Di why don't you come with me to our house as we are leaving after lunch . Infact we can havev some girls time there in peace and also you have not seen our house too Arushi asked gaining her attention.
But how can ....she was about to deny but Rashmi cut her off in between.
Yeahhh that's a really nice idea . Let's go to Bua's house Chavi . It's not far away from here . It's in the next Street only . Rashmi said as there is lots of hustle bustle here at her home .
But Bhabi..she said looking at Prerna who smiled at her and nodded her head asking her to go with them while she will help her Massi Sharmila here .
Okay let's go then .....she said clapping her hand . She was excited as she will get to see his home and maybe find a chance to talk with him again .
The girls left with Arushi after having lunch .
As Rashmi said it only took them less then 10 minutes to reach Anirudh's house .
It was a 4 bhk apartment. Chavi got the homely freely seeing the cozy setup .
It was not as huge as their house but it was enough to live comfortably. As their house was on 4th floor they got the benefit of having the terrace too.
Arushi informed Chavi that Anirudh was thinking to built a room upstairs too making it a duplex house but that might take some time .
Arushi gave Chavi a quick house tour and the girls settled in Arushi 's room  as they decided to watch a movie.
They were in the middle of the movie when Chavi's phone rang displaying her brothers name.
She excused herself coming out of the room and went to the balcony to attend his call .
Chavi talked to his brother as he was asking about their whereabouts and Prerna was not picking up his call.
She told him that they have come to Rashmi's house and will come home by evening.
She was moving inside after talking to her brother when suddenly 2 🐒🐒 monkeys appeared in the balcony out of no where .
Chavi  froze on her place as she feared monkey from childhood only .
Once a monkey bit her when she visited the zoo with her brother and from then only she had a phobia of monkeys .
One of the monkey clutched her dupatta making her shriek and she ran from there and collided with Anirudh who just entred the home .
He was taken by surprise by the  sudden hug from Chavi who was clutching on to him tightly blabbering some incoherent words .
He looked back only to find 2 monkeys eating bananas sitting in the balcony. They ran away after throwing the banana peels there.
He tried to free himself but she hugged him tightly. This was the first time when he was this close to some girl other than his sister .
The situation was hell awkward but she was terrified to the core to leave him .
He rubbed her back trying to calm her down .
Heyyyy ..relax chavi, they are gone now and you are absolutely safe .....he said calmly and she looked at him from his chest with eyes full of tears .
He found her cute with red button nose and pouted lips .
His hand travelled to her face and he wiped her tears and caressed her cheek unknowingly.
They are gone now ....look back if you don't trust me ....he said with a small smile .
She peeped at the back and smiled seeing them finally gone still holding him .
He chuckled seeing her .
Chavi noticed their position and  stepped back looking down as  slight blush coated her cheeks .
I think you love inviting trouble, don't you ....he asked crossing his hand on his chest and she gasped looking at him .
Meri kya galati hai agar mere saath kuch na kuch gadbad hoti rehti h to . It's not like I invited those monkeys here ....she huffed making him bit back his smile .
(How I am responsible for getting into trouble).
Yeahhh I agree. It's not you who invites trouble...it's the other way round trouble comes to you ....he said .
Exactly....she said but then realised that he was making fun of her and glared at him and Anirudh brusted out laughing.
She just stood there seeing him laughing and a small smile crept in her face too.
Anirudh sobered up and went away rufffling her hairs like she is a kid muttering silly!!!
She grinned like a fool at his action but then remebered he called her silly too and puffed her cheeks .
I am not silly ...she said to herself and left to Arushi's room .