chapter 13

Chavi was sleeping peacefully unknown to the storm that was about to hit her life.

Sharmila called Rekha asking her to come to their home as soon as possible.
Rekha was amused listening to her sister-in-law's happy voice.
Anirudh went to settle the bills and other things while Arushi, Chavi, and Aniket were still sleeping.

There was a marriage proposal for Anirudh. Prerna's parents who came to attend Rashmi's wedding liked Anirudh for their younger daughter Parul.
Charnjeet and Prerna were also present there along with Prerna's parents.
Rekha also liked the girl Parul and her being Sharmila's niece added to her positive response to the proposal.
The families agreed for the proposal but Randhir suggested that they would go ahead only after Anirudh's decision  .
Rekha was almost sure that he would have no objection as he had asked her to choose the girl for him as per her liking.
Prerna hugged her sister who smiled shyly returning the hug .
She has developed a crush over Anirudh during the wedding and was delighted to be his wife .

Aunty ji where is Chavi... Charnjeet asked Rekha for his sister .
She is still sleeping along with Arushi Rekha informed chuckling making Charnjeet shake his head with a smile .
Let's go to our house . I will wake them up and also you all can see our house too...Rekha proposed making them node .
Prerna along with her parents and Charnjeet tagged along Rekha to her house .
It was a 4bhk house well maintained with modern infrastructure.
Also Rekha informed them how Anirudh is planning to make it a duplex as they have the terrace portion too .
They all chatted and Rekha informed them that they also have another house in the same locality which they have rented for the side income .
Anirudh has also invested in some other real estate properties and Charnjeet was clearly impressed with his investment and idea of financial security.

Chavi who just woke up listening to the commotion in the house came out of Arushi's  room rubbing her eyes .
She widened her eyes finding too many people sitting in the hall along with her Bhaiya and Bhabi .
She didn't noticed her Bhabhi's parents along with Parul as their back was facing her .
She tiptoed to the kitchen to find Rekha ji preparing tea and snacks with their house help .
Rekha asked the helper to serve the guest and smiled seeing Chavi there .
Good morning Aunty....she greeted Rekha ji .
Good after noon bacha ....Rekha ji said pointing towards the clock making Chavi give her a sheepish smile .
Why are all those people here .....She finally asked her doubt .
Well they  are here for Anirudh's marriage proposal ....Rekha ji informed her smiling widely making Chavi surprised and shocked at the same time .
Before Rekha ji could inform her further she hugged her tightly and then ran back to the room .
How come Bhaiya Bhabi get to know that I love Anirudh and they already came here with the proposal , wait that's not possible. They might have liked him themselves and proposed my hand in marriage for Anirudh....she squealed excited.
She couldn't believe that everything is happening on its own without her doing anything.

She hurriedly got ready  and moved to the hall .
Charnjeet stood up seeing his princess and hugged her to his chest .
Chavi also hugged her brother tightly feeling overwhelmed all of a sudden.
She then noticed her Bhabi's parents and Parul and greeted them .
Chavi got busy chatting with Parul not bothering about elders talks.

Where is Anirudh aunty ....we are all just waiting for his decision... Prerna asked to Rekha gaining Chavi's attention.
Chavi smiled shyly listening to his name.
She was somewhere sure that he won't say no to her as she has noticed him staring at her during the wedding and also he has grown quite comfortable with  her.
But she didn't noticed Parul who also blushing beside her .
He is on the way ....will be here any time ...Rekha ji informed making them node .
Rekha ji was talking to Parul about her education qualification and hobbies.
Chavi took it in a casual way not paying much attention to it.

Anirudh arrived Shortly and was surprised to find so many people at his home.
He politely greeted everyone and sat beside Rekha ji .
Anirudh was busy chatting with Charnjeet when Parul father cleared his throat.
Beta, today we have come here for a special purpose...he spoke gaining Anirudh's attention.
Ji uncle... Anirudh nodded giving his complete attention to Parul's father.
Beta we have asked your hand in marriage for our Parul...he said with a small smile .
Anirudh and chavi both were stunned.
Chavi now understood that they were here for Parul's not for her .
Her heart dropped and her chest tightened.
She got numb and looked at Anirudh with her pale face who was already looking at her .
Her eyes glistened as they met his . She pleaded him through her eyes lightly shaking her head in No.
She tightly clutched the armrest of the couch as she felt suffocated all of a sudden.
She excused herself and moved to the balcony as hot tears flowed out of her eyes .

Here Anirudh didn't know how to react to this sudden news and on the top of that Chavi's reaction put him in the delima.
By now he knew that he likes her.
Ummm...uncle I need sometime to think about it as I can't say anything all of sudden, also I want to know Parul before coming to any conclusion he said making everyone node .
Well we are in No hurry. Take your time and tell us by this weekend.... Parul's father said liking his clearity of thoughts and sorted nature .

They all left after sometime and Rekha ji also tagged along with them to Singh house .
Anirudh sighed rubbing his face with his palm but then he remebered Chavi and moved toward balcony.
Chavi was weeping sitting near the railing looking no where in particular.
Anirudh cleared his throat gaining her attention and she didn't make any attempt to hide her tears .
He sat in front of her making her sob harder.
Stop crying!!! He commanded making her look at him but then she looked away still sobbing.
He was not a fool to not understand the reason behind her tears but wanted to listen it from her mouth .
Why are you crying chavi....he asked in a calm tone holding her palm in between his hands.
Please.....say No. I_I can't see y_you w_with someone__else....she cried.
Shhhh...first of all stop crying ...we will talk about it later . Calm down first ...he said wipping her tears and she hiccuped.
He made her stand and took her inside and gave her some water to drink .
He noticed her red puffy face and sighed looking away .
He didn't know what he should be doing now .
She has feeling for him this was a clear thing .
He took her to his room as it will be risky to talk about it here in the hall .

He made her sit on the couch and sat on the table in front of her .
Chavi looked at him with her red bloodshot eyes .
What you wanted to say last night ....he asked making her look down .
He pulled her chin up making her look face him .
I_I wanted to confess my feelings.....she whispered and a lone tear escaped her eye.
I am in love with you.... please don't marry Parul ...she said and fresh tears rolled out of her eyes .
Anirudh looked at her without saying anything.
He has already figure it out seeing her reaction but listening to her words did something to him.
Chaviiii....he said not knowing how to respond to her confession. He was speechless in front of her .
He tried getting up but she held his hand .
Please....I really do . If you think I am immature and clmusy and childish ....I promise I will try to improve my self .
But please don't do this to me .....she cried clutching his hand tightly.
Seeing her so vulnerable pained him . He likes her but could bring himself to say that. He was in a great dilemma and need some time to think about everything.

He pulled her up and wipped her tears.
Don't cry. At this rate you will end up falling sick and listen to me .
I haven't said yes to the proposal yet but I can't promise you anything as of now .
He said looking in her vulnerable eyes .
Don't you like me....she pouted making him bite his inner cheek to stop his smile.
In this situation too she managed to look cute and adorable.
I do ....he wanted to say but controlled himself.
I need time .....he said the same thing again and she just nodded .
Can I hug you once....she asked taking him by surprise.
Just a friendly hug please 🥺....she pleaded and he pulled her in his arms making her warp her arms around his torso .
Her heart finally calmed down and she let out a relieved sigh whereas his heart beated widely with her closeness.
He will be lying if he said he didn't like it .