chapter 38

Today was Dusherra and they will be going to the Ramleela group for Ravan Dahan .
Anirudh has gone with Rahul Bhai to help him out with the arrangements on the main ground where the Ravan Dahan would be held .

Rekha ji , Arushi and Chavi were busy in the kitchen as today's Lunch was at their place .
Charnjeet and Prerna will also be there and to Chavi's displeasure Parul has also come to Singh's house yesterday and would be staying there for few days for some job related stuff .
Chavi knew that she was over thinking but she didn't liked it a bit when Anirudh was talking to Parul day before yesterday at Singh's house .
Chavi have you chopped the dry fruits for kheer ....Rekha ji asked bringing her out of her thoughts.
Ummmm maa It skipped out of my mind but I will chop them now ....she said cursing herself in her mind .
Rekha ji nodded stirring the kheer pot .

Rashmi , Riya and Parul also came to help them .
What should I do aunty....Parul asked Rekha ji .
Parul you don't have to do anything as you are our guest . We will manage it ..... Chavi said before Rekha ji making everyone look at her astonished.
Ummm ....Areyy Parul to apni hi bachi hai . Beta you can roll out these Poori's along with Riya ....Rekha ji said smiling at Parul who was feeling uncomfortable after Chavi's comment.

Chavi Bache you just make the salad and I will make this panner dish later ..Rekha ji said as Chavi was new to cooking and won't be able to make the gravy for so many people.
Aunty I will help you as there are not many Poori's left ....Parul said making Rekha ji node at her with a smile.
Chavi was now thoroughly frustrated and irritated at the same time .
She cut her finger in the process and yelped in pain gaining everyones attention.
Rashmi put a bandage on her cut and Rekha ji asked her to take some rest as nothing much was left and were many people to help .
Chavi although protested but Rekha ji sent her anyway.
She came to her room and cried out of frustration. She cursed herself for being useless.
She was herself sitting in her room while others are working in the kitchen at her own house.

Everyone was chatting and Laughing throughout the Lunch but Chavi was just playing with her food .
Rashmi pass me the Dal , it's really tasty ....Anirudh asked Rashmi.
Parul made it .....Sharmila ji commented looking at Chavi .
Yeahhh Parul cooks really good Charnjeet said patting Parul's head and everyone else agreed too including Anirudh .

After Lunch Charnjeet and Prerna left as Prerna needs rest as it was her second trimester.
Buiiii I want to go with Riyansh ....Aayush said to Chavi .
No baby , we will go in the evening now you take some rest ....Chavi said caressing his cheek .
Chavi let him come . I will look after him ....Parul said making Aayush ran to her Massi who laughed picking him up .
But....I want to go with Maasi ...Aayush said clinging to Parul before Chavi could say anything.
Chavi's insecurities resurfaced now seeing Parul getting all the attention and everyone was praising her including her own  husband.
Sharmila's comments from earlier days echoed in her mind every now and then.

It was evening when Anirudh entered the room to find her curled up in the bed.
Why aren't you ready yet. Are you ok....he asked sitting beside her and caressing her hairs.
Hmmmm....I don't feel like going anywhere....she said making him frown .
Why??? You were so excited till morning for Ravan Dahan . What happened all of a sudden Anirudh asked .
Please Anirudh mene bola na Nahi Mann ho Raha h jaane ka . Aap log jao.....she said closing her eyes.
But I am just asking you if something is wrong you can tell me ....he asked again calmly.
Chavi was now irritated with him bugging her and brust out at him .
Mujhe ku pareshan kiya hua h . Parul Jaa Rahi hai na to uske saath chale jaao . Vese bhi har kisi ko bas Parul hi dikhti h .
Parul acha khaana banati h Parul ye Parul vo.....bas Parul -Parul.
Koi or hai hi nahi uske aage . Jab mujhe itni kamiya thi to pehle hi bol dete na or kar lete Parul se shaddi .....she said .
(Why are you bothering me. Just go with Parul. Parul cooks good, Parul does this and that . Everyone just cares about Parul only and nobody else . If I was that flawed you should have married her only )
Ye kya bakwas kar rahi ho . Are you even listening to yourself. Mene kab tumhe compare Kiya hai kisi se bhi . And if I  praised her cooking skills that doesn't mean you have to feel jealous of her and over react over everything....Anirudh chided her .
(What nonsense are you blurting out. When did  I compared with anyone else )
Haan mei hi over react karti hu . Sab se buri hi hu mei . I am useless.....she said as tears flowed out of eyes .
(Yes I always overreact and I am the bad one here)
Chaviii Nobody has said anything to you . Don't put words in my mouth . I don't even understand where this all is coming from ....Anirudh huffed massaging his forehead.
Chalo leave it and get ready. Sab tyar ho rahe hai . We will be late otherwise....he said trying to change the topic .
(Come , just leave it and get ready . Everyone is preparing to leave)
I won't go .....She said looking away covering herself with the duvet .
Chavi don't drag things unnecessarily. Everyone is in a good mood and don't be a spoil sport . Just get up and fix your self ....he said pulling the duvet from her face .
Nahiiii jaana hai.....aapko samjh nahi aata hai . Kitni baar repeat Karu mei . Just leave me alone and go from here ......She shouted making Anirudh angry.
(I don't want to go. Can't you understand this. How many times should I repeat the same thing)
He grabbed her arm making her sit on the bed and gritted through his teeth in a cold tone ......If I am being patient with you  doesn't mean you can cross your line .
Never ever talk to me in this tone...
She hissed at his painful grip on her arm and nodded her head afraid of his anger .
Get ready ......he commanded pulling her out of the bed .
I don't _ before she could say anything he shouldn't making her flinch ......I won't repeat myself.
He entred the bathroom banging the door leaving her in the room.

They both got ready and Anirudh warned her before heading down stairs.
Behave yourself in front of the family. I won't tolerate any kind of drama in front of everyone...he said pointing his finger at her making her look away .

Chavi bache bohot pyari lag Rahi ho .....Rekha ji said putting a khol for behind her ear making her smile faintly.
(You look really pretty)
Let's go Bhabhi you will surely love it .....Aniket said wrapping his arm around her shoulder .
She know felt like a fool to think about all those things . Everyone here loves her and never said something that might hurt her. These people never judged her for her cooking skills or any other thing. Infact they are the one who appreciate her efforts in every thing she does.
She looked at Anirudh apologetically for behaving that way but he gave her a cold look . Chavi knew she messed up because of her own insecurities and foolishness.