chapter 19

Chavi was fidgeting with her fingers nervously.
Prerna had seen her getting out of Anirudh's car and was shocked to see them together and informed the same to Charnjeet.
Bhaii....I_I actually ...we l_like each other...she fumbled scared of her brother's anger .
She wanted to tell him about her and Anirudh but not like this . She had decided to talk to him at night after her birthday celebration.
So this was the actual reason Anirudh rejected Parul ....Prerna asked .
Chavi could only node not knowing how to explain her everything.
Although it was also one of the main reasons but other things were also into the consideration for rejecting Parul as per Anirudh .
From when this all was going on chavi ... Charnjeet asked in a hard tone .
2 months....she answered looking down at the floor .
Charnjeet sighed not knowing what he must do . Anirudh was a nice guy and he really liked him but getting his doll married to him was something big.
His sister has grown up and one day she has to get married to someone.
Why you didn't tell me about it before....he asked making her look at him .
I was going to tell you today as Anirudh wanted to inform his mother first before asking you about my hand ....she explained making Charnjeet node .
Ask him to come home tomorrow....he said making her look at her brother with a small smile .
Chavi rushed into his arms and hugged him tightly.
Bhaii...he is just like you .....she said making Charnjeet smile .
Indeed he could relate to Anirudh to a great extent.
Also he could not see his doll sad and now that she loved him . He decided to meet him and decided what needs to be done next .

It was around 11 pm when Chavi ringed Anirudh.
What is it ?? He asked in his sleepy voice making her feel guilty for disturbing him but she could not hold herself back and he needs to know about it.
Anirudh Bhai saw us together and he got to know about us ....she said shocking him .
What did he say then ??? He asked ,his sleep flew out of the window hearing her .
He has invited you for the lunch tomorrow...she said cheerfully making him relax a bit .
By the way ...were you scared of my Bhai....she asked pulling his leg .
Offcourse Not. It's just that I didn't want him to know about us like this ...he said resting his head on the headboard.
Chalo acha hi hua pata lag gya Bhai ko . Ab humari shaddi jaldi ho jaayegi ....she said making him chuckle.
(It's good that my brother got to know about us. Now we will get married soon ).
Aren't you too excited to get married. Soch lo baad mei backout ka option nahi milega.....he asked .
(There won't be an option to back out later).
Backout kise karna hai . Ab to mera din aapse shuru hota hai or raat aapke sapno mei beet jaati hai ...she said making him hiss.
(Who wants to backout. My day starts with you and nights are spent dreaming about you only ).
Stop reading those novels . You sound absolutely cringe...he said making her laugh .
You are so unromantic. Haaye meri kismat. Itni romantic ladki ko itna boring ladka Mila h na ....she exasperated making him sigh in disbelief.
(Uff my luck ! A die hard romantic girl got such a boring guy).
But you don't worry . I am here to teach you how to romance your girl ....she said stiffling her laugh .
Thankyou so much for your kindness ma'am otherwise I would have remained oblivious to this word romance....he played along and she bursted out laughing making him chuckle too.
Okay enough of talking now . Let me sleep otherwise I would get dark circles and your brother might reject me tomorrow....he said making her chuckle.
Ohhh please have your beauty sleep ...she said giggling.
What have I become in your company....he said making her gasp .
You should feel lucky to have me .....kadar hi nahi hai ....she said .(you don't value me)
Okay I admit . You are the best thing ever happened to me . Happy now...he asked .
Veryyyyyyy....she said merrily and they hanged up wishing each other good night.

**********
Anirudh with Rekha ji arrived at Chavi's house .
Chavi was glowing with happiness.
They all had their lunch and were not sitting in the living room .
Charnjeet initiated the main conversation.
Aunty ji as Anirudh and Chavi already like each other and also our families have  known each other personally since past few years , I don't have any  kind of objection regarding this relationship.
Chavi is like a daughter to me . After our parents left us she became my sole reason to move ahead and do something in life ... Charnjeet said looking at Chavi who teared up listening to her brother and hugged him immediately.
Anirudh and Rekha Ji smiled seeing their bond .
I can understand beta and I must say you have truly accomplished your role as a parent for Chavi . I got the chance to know Chavi closely during Rashmi's wedding and it felt like she was a part of family only . She gelled up so easily with everyone and especially with Arushi and Aniket..Rekha ji said smiling at Chavi.

They talked for an hour or so and then Prerna and Chavi took Rekha ji for showing the house around leaving Anirudh and Charnjeet behind .

Anirudh , I know you are a responsible man and would keep Chavi happy but being her brother I can't help but  warn you ...I won't tolerate any kind of pain in my sister's life . I am giving you the piece of my heart and hope that you will treasure her the same way I did for the rest of your life ... Charnjeet said .
I know where are you coming from because I too have a sister who I love dearly and feels the same emotions as you . I will try my best to keep her happy and content.
There might be ups and downs but I will always be there to support , guide and protect her ....Anirudh said making Charnjeet pat his shoulder admiring his honesty.