chapter 29

Next day morning the haldi rituals were performed.
Anirudh cousins along with his siblings fully covered him in the haldi paste including his hairs making him groan but he couldn't do anything at this moment.
While for Chavi everyone applied haldi decently but Rashmi made her a clown in the last making everyone laugh .
Rashmi smirked as she took her revenge.
Chavi has done worst on her haldi along with Aniket and Arushi and she couldn't let go of this chance .
Chavi left for the parlour with Rashmi after taking a bath .

It's my wedding todayyyyyyyyy........Chavi twirled around in her wedding lengha as she was all ready. She couldn't contain her happiness as she has fantasized this day from her teenage . And it can't be more true if she says that the reality was way more beautiful than her imaginations.
She admired herself in the mirror and clicked some selfies .
Rashmi has just gone to get ready after making sure that Chavi doesn't need anything else .

Charnjeet knocked on her door gaining her attention and she grinned seeing her brother.
Bhaiiii how do I look she asked excitedly as she swriled her lengha making him laugh .
He kissed her head making her smile .
His eyes became moist seeing her baby sister dolled up as a Dulhan and she will be going to someone else house leaving him today .
He had promised her not to get emotional but he couldn't hold back his emotions.
Only he knows how he was controlling himself not to burst out crying. He was literally giving away piece of his heart to someone else and it was not at all easy .
But he was content knowing that he would have not found someone better then Anirudh for her.
*********** flash back _____
Actually he has overheard their conversation when Chavi felt sick and got to know about Prerna's behaviour.
His anger knew no bound knowing that his innocent baby sister was carrying so much of pain inside her .
He felt like a failure when she called herself a failure.
He had confronted Prerna who cried saying that if he loves his sister this much then she also loves hers too.
She couldn't see Parul heartbroken and vulnerable. But Charnjeet made her realised that Parul would have never been happy with Anirudh when he has someone else in his heart .
Prerna realised her mistake and was ready to apologise to Chavi but Charnjeet asked her not to mention anything to her .
He also warned her that he won't tolerate this kind of behaviour ever again and she will witness his worst side if she ever thought of hurting his sister intentionally.
He didn't talked to Prerna after that for days untill she cried begging for forgiveness. Also she gave him one of the biggest news that he was going to be a father again .
He asked her not to disclose it to anyone before Chavi's marriage as he didn't want to take away the limelight of Chavi's wedding.
Although he informed Chavi about it and she was beyond happy and hugged Prerna immediately congratulating her.
Prerna felt more guilty for behaving that way with Chavi seeing her pure heart .
She tried to make it up for her mistake by giving extra love and care to Chavi but she asked her to take care of herself and the baby and not to exert herself much as it was her first trimester.******** flashback ends .......

After spending some time with Chavi he went to look after the arrangements as he was getting calls after calls from someone or the other .

Here Anirudh was all set with all the baratis (people from groom side are called barartis ) but at the last moment they got to know that the mare on which he was supposed to ride during Barat processions has fallen sick .
Offcourse how can everything go smooth without any last moment problem in a typical Indian wedding.
It took then 1 more hour to somehow arrange another mare and finally the procession stared.
The famous Delhi band was being played and everyone danced on the Dhol beats .
Rekha ji put a black dot behind his ear to prevent him from evil eyes and blessed him .
The Barat left for Gurugram while Rekha ji along with Sharmila, Mala with few other ladies stayed back for performing the rituals done after sending off the Barat .

The sound of Dhol and fire crackers could be heard as the barat neared the marriage Hall.
Everyone from the girls side came out to see the baratis dancing and welcome the groom .
Aniket , Arushi , Rahul , Riya and all other cousins danced on the Dhol beats .
Rashmi too joined them with her husband and danced her heart out .
Chavi was enjoying the show peeping from the window .
Her eyes felt on Anirudh who was sitting on the mare with Riyansh and soon Aayush joined the two making her smile .
He looked absolutely handsome drssesd in off white Sherwani with red sehra ( groom's turban ) matching with her lengha .
He gives kingly vibes with a sword attached to his waist cloth and pearl necklace .
She was over the moon to acknowledge the fact that this handsome man belongs to her .
Soon after Anirudh was welcomed in with the usual banters of ribbion cutting and Rashmi joined the bride side again when it's comes to Ribbion cutting ceremony making Anirudh shake his head at her sister while Rashmi just poked his tongue out .
Charnjeet hugged Anirudh and then introduced him to some of the main relatives before escorting him to the stage .

Here Chavi was all set to enter the hall and was waiting for her entry song to play .
She held her brother's hand who kissed her forehead and they walked down the aisle as soon the soft melody started to play in the background.
Anirudh smiled taking in her beauty. For him she was the most beautiful woman on the universe tonight.
Their eyes met for a split second before she averted her gaze downward feeling shy all of a sudden.
Anirudh helped her to the stage holding her hand .
You look enchanting my love....he whispered making her blush .
You look hot too....she said peeking at him making him smirk.
Soon they exchanged their garlands with a lot of teasing followed by the hootings of their cousins and friends.
After the photo session they proceeded towards the mandap for the rest of the wedding rituals.
Charnjeet and Prerna came forward for the kanyadaan ( a ritual where the parents of the girl handover the girl to her husband).
Charnjeet was emotional and Anirudh assured him with his eyes making him smile .
Chavi also tested up seeing her brother like this . He would always be her first love , her hero.
Later Arushi tied their knot smiling at both of them and praying for their togetherness till eternity.
Pandit ji asked them to stand up for the phera's ( taking vows rounding the holy fire ).
After the phera's they exchanged their seats as Chavi sat on the left side of Anirudh as the left side is the place of wife according to Hindu traditions.
Later pandit ji asked