chapter 10

Mehandi's prepration started early morning as they have Sangeet function in the night same day.
Comfortable couch and mattress were set in the hall . Mehandi cones were decorated in a huge plate .
In one of the corner all the snacks and other arrangements were done .

Rahul and Anirudh were discussing about the Sangeet function as DJ was not allowed after 11 in their colony and hence they had to get done with it before the mentioned time.
Anirudh suggested that they should start the function at 7 pm as they would have 5 hours for the functions and that would be enough .
Rahul agreed and both left to look after other things .
Chavi woke up as Rashmi shaked her hard .
It's my mehandi function and you are sleeping without any care in the world .
Mehandi function would start in next one hour Rashmi said and chavi rubbed her eyes let out a yawn.
Raat ko Bhai nahi sone deta aur subh mei behen .....she said making Rashmi gasp.
(I didn't get to sleep because of your brother at night and now it's you )
There are people around here don't talk nonsense or you will get us both in trouble Rashmi said in a hushed voice making Chavi node realising her mistake.
Chavi entered the washroom while Rashmi got ready with the help of her cousins .

The function was exclusively for females so chavi didn't get a chance to meet Anirudh .
The mehandi artists Arrived and the function started with Arushi dancing with few more girls who were apparently their cousin.
Everyone got done with their mehandi by noon but Arushi was sulking as her mehandi was still wet as she applied it at the very end of the function.
She was taking care of Ayush and Riyansh while their mothers got their mehandi done .
Chavi asked the mehandi artist to write Anirudh's name in her mehandi secretly.

The function ended with lots of fun and masti .
It was 1 in noon and everyone sat for having lunch .
Anirudh smiled seeing his sister's sulking face .
What happened to my doll.....he asked cupping her face and she pouted showing him her hands .
It's ok it will get dry in next one hour ....he said sitting beside her .
But how will I eat my food Bhai....she said making him smile .
Well I will feed my doll with my own hands ...he said and filled the plate with her favourite food and started feeding her making her smile .
Chavi smiled  looking at them .
Look at him Rashmi ....he is just like Charnjeet Bhai .
He has every quality that I ever wished to have in a partner . Chavi said and Rashmi nodded  at her smilingly.

Prerna left to home after having lunch as she needs to care of few things and would come back in the evening with Charnjeet and Ayush.

Bache come with us. You won't be able to get proper rest here as there are lots of guest ...Rekha ji  said to Chavi and she nodded knowing she was right .
Also she might get a chance to spend some time with Anirudh there .
Rekha chavi and Arushi left for their home .
Chavi sighed sitting on the couch . She was really tired . She has no energy left to even get changed. Arushi plopped beside her as she came out removing her dried mehandi .
Chavi di look at my mehandi's colour it's so light does that mean my future husband will not love me .....she asked with a worried face making Chavi chuckle.
Just wait till evening. You have just removed the dried mehandi. It takes time to get the darker shade ....Chavi explained making Arushi relieved .
Anirudh was not home and Chavi wondered how much work he does .
He was busy from morning and still didn't came to rest .

Chavi and Arushi went to Arushi's room to have a nap as they have to get ready for the Sangeet function too .
Chavi set the alarm for 4 o clock and slept beside Arushi .

Chavi woke up as her phone ringed and it was from Rashmi who was asking her where abouts.
Chavi talked to her and looked at the time.
It was 3:30 and there was no use of falling back asleep as she have to wake up again at 4 .
She came out of the room to find a tired Anirudh sitting on the couch holding his head in between his head .
It was clearly visible that he is in  pain.
Aap ka sar dard ho raha h ....she asked standing beside him gaining his attention.
(Are you having a headache)
Nooo...I am ok...he said pressing his forehead with his fingers .
Don't lie ....I can clearly see it. You should take some rest . You really don't have to over work yourself. You are not a machine but human for God sake ....she scolded making  him look at her in amusement.
She never fail to surprise him . Amidst the headache she managed to make him smile .
Stay here, I will bring some tea for you ....she said walking towards the kitchen .
She entred the kitchen and put a pan on the stove with some water . Thankfully she atleast knew how to make a tea .
Actually Rekha ji has taught her few days back and she also heard from Arushi that her brother prefer tea over coffee.
She put the ingredients as per his liking and finally poured it into a cup .
She gave him the tea and he thanked her .
She sat beside him hoping that he like it .
Anirudh takes a sip and was actually impressed with her .
It was according to his liking . He smiled at her as she raised her eyebrows asking about the tea and he nodded in acknowledgement.
She kept looking at him while he sipped the tea.
She stood behind him as he rested his head back on the couch finishing his tea .
She put her hand on his forehead making him open his eyes in a jerk .
Relax I am just messaging your head . I promise you will feel good...she said and he nodded at her reluctantly.
He felt relaxed as she massaged his head .
He felt asleep in the same position making her smile .
She bent down and kissed his forehead lightly and blushed realising what she actually did .
But her happiness died down as her eyes widened seeing the person in front of her .