chapter 23

It's been 2 days of their argument. Anirudh tried calling her a few times but she didn't answer and he didn't call after that.
Arushi told her that she has come to Gurgaon for some work and asked Chavi to meet her in the mall .
Chavi ,although was not in the mood to go out but then thought of meeting Arushi as being in the room was suffocating her .

Bhabiiiiiiii....Arushi hugged Chavi making her smile at her enthusiasm.
You look so pale and weak . Are you okay ....Arushi inquired assessing Chavi .
Yeahhh it's just a little headache. Don't worry it happens sometimes....Chavi dismissed making Arushi node reluctantly.
You know I have prepared a list of shopping as I have full time till evening till Bhai's office timings....Arushi said making Chavi chuckle.
Arushi informed her that their house has been covered with dust due to ongoing construction and how they were managing there with difficulty.

They did a lot of shopping and were going towards the food court when suddenly Chavi felt dizzy and stumbled on her feet .
Thankfully Arushi held her on time and made her sit on a chair .
Arushi made her drink some water .
Bhabi you don't look fine . Shall I call Bhai ....she asked making Chavi shake her head in no .
No....it's okay . I am fine . I will rest after going home and it's almost evening...Chavi said .
But...before Arushi could say something her phone ringed displaying Anirudh's number.
Hello Bhai....
Ji...yeahhh .. I am done .coming in 5 minutes...she talked over the phone.
Bhabi , Bhai has come. Let's go .....she said making Chavi node reluctantly.
Chavi and Arushi came to the parking area holding the shopping bags .
Anirudh looked at Chavi who was looking everywhere but him.
Arushi settled the bags inside the car and went to grab a coffee and sandwich for herself giving the couple some alone time .
Anirudh approached her and stood in front of her clearing his throat but Chavi ignored him .
He noticed her dark circles and pake face . She looked weak and tired .
He tried holding holding her hand but she stepped back making him let of a sigh.
Chaviiii....why are behaving like that . I am sorry for the other day . I shouldn't have shouted on you but you should also understand my situation too na ....he said but she looked away not giving any reaction.
He pulled her closer and cupped her cheek and realised that she was having a temperature.
Ohhh God Chavi.. You are having a fever.
You should have rested at home instead of coming here . What you have done with your self baba....he said worriedly.
Don't talk like you care ....she whispered in a hoarse voice looking at him with tear filled eyes.
Ofcourse I do_ before he could complete Arushi came back buying her coffee and sandwich.
I think you people should leave otherwise you will be stuck in the traffic....Chavi said looking at Arushi who nodded .
Chavi hugged Arushi bidding her bye and left giving a last look to Anirudh who felt hurt with her indifferent behaviour but was worried about her health too.

Chavi left in her car and Anirudh and Arushi settled in his car to go home .
Arushi was blabbering about how she enjoyed her day with chavi while he was occasionally nodding at her lost in thinking about Chavi and her behaviour.
But Bhabi felt dizzy thankfully I was there ..... this caught his attention and he looked at Arushi .
What ....why didn't you told me before . We could have dropped her home . How will she manage to drive home in that condition....he reprimanded his sister.
Bhabi asked me not to tell you anything before coming out of the mall as she was fine and don't want you to worry unnecessarily...Arushi said making him sigh in disbelief.
He knew why she did that but couldn't say this to her sister .

He asked Arushi to ask Chavi whether she reached home or not giving as he was driving.
Arushi confirmed it and he was relieved a bit after knowing that she was home .

The whole night Anirudh was worried about her . He tried calling her and dropped many messages but she didn't replied to any .
He Decided to meet her tomorrow morning and sort out the things as the situation was getting worse.

Next day he informed his senior that he will attend office after Lunch hour and went to Chavi's house to meet her as she was not answering his calls . So he was left with no option other than coming to her house .
Prerna opend the door and he greeted her .
I actually came to_ he was cutoff in between as Prerna told him that Chavi was fine now and is in her room taking rest as if she knew he would come to meet Chavi .
Anirudh frowned but nodded and left for Chavi's room .
He knocked on the door and entred not getting any response.
Chavi was lying on the bed closing her eyes looking weak and exhausted.
There was canulla attached to her back of palm and medicines were kept on the side table with a half eaten porridge.
He sat beside her on the bed and caressed her face. It hurt him to look at her in this condition.
He has always seen her smiling and cheerful. He blamed himself for her condition.