chapter 20

Arushi and Aniket's happiness knew no bounds when they got to know about Anirudh and Chavi.
The Singh family was happy too except Sharmila as she wanted her niece Parul to be Anirudh's wife .
The engagement will be held after 2 weeks.
Everyone got busy with the preparations. Rekha was elated and was doing everything with full enthusiasm after all it was her elder son's engagement.
Where as Anirudh was busy with his office work as well as his engagement preparations.
Thankfully he got into contact with many people such a jwellers, catrer, decorater and so on during Rashmi's wedding.
Chavi on the other hand was quite disturbed as she has noticed her Bhabi's changed behaviour after knowing about her and Anirudh.
Although she was doing everything just like she used to do before but there was this aloofness somewhere.
Chavi knew the reason somewhere but Prerna's change of behaviour was hurting her as she was like a mother figure to Chavi .
In the past 7 years of their marriage Prerna never had behaved like that with her .
Chavi didn't know whom to share the issue with . She tried diverting her mind to her engagement preprations . She was finally getting engaged to the man she has fallen in love with truly...her Anirudh.
Her phone ringed displaying Rekha ji number and she picked it up immediately.
Maa....kesi hai aap !!! Chavi asked .
I am all good bache . How are you and how's the preparation going on ....Rekha ji asked .
I am good maa and preprations are going on in full swing ....Chavi answered.
If you are free tomorrow then come home and we will shop your engagement dress from Delhi only ...Rekha ji asked.
Yeahhhh..that would be great maa....I will come tomorrow then ....Chavi replied.
Then she talked with Arushi who was suggesting the engagement dress and other necessary things .
Chavi felt really good after talking to them .
She then looked at the time .It was late evening and she knew he must be returning back home now .
She called Anirudh and as she gussed he was stuck in the famous Gurgaon traffic 🚦.
Tired....she asked listening to his voice .
Yeahhh! It was a hectic day at work and noe this traffic. It's exhausting....he said .
Hmmm...well I can't help you with the traffic but can entertain you till the road get cleared she said making him chuckle.
That's sounds like a nice idea ...he said relaxing back on his seat .
Well I just talking to maa and she asked me to come home tomorrow and we can go for the shopping....she told him excitedly.
Hmmmm...good . He said listening to her .
What good. Aren't you excited to meet me ...she asked hearing his plain response.
Well sorry to break your bubble miss but I will be in the office and therefore won't be able to meet you ....he explained.
Nooooo....please come with us and help in selecting a dress . Also we can select our engagement ring too....she requested.
Arushi will be a better guide for you and also maa and your bhabi will be there too.
You can also ask Rashmi to join you but I can't take a leave from office as I will be taking 3 days off during our engagement...he said making her huff .
Don't take full day leave , you can do half day and then can join us ....she proposed.
Not possible!!! He denied making her roll her eyes at his adamant self .
You are such a kill joy but I will enjoy my day with maa , Arushi and Rashmi.....she said making him smile at her antiques.
Leave all of that and Tell me ...How are you feeling about getting Engaged to Chavi Mehra in mere 2 days....
She asked .
I feel like I am adopting a 24 year old child ....Anirudh said making her shriek on the other end .
Anirudh !!!!!! I am not a child .......she huffed making him chuckle.
Stop laughing or I will complaint to maa that you were making fun of Me....she tried to threaten him .
Hence proved!!! You are a child only ....he laughed making a small smile play on her lips too .
You should be thanking me to make you laugh amidst a hectic day but here you are making fun of me ...she pouted.
You are such a cartoon Chavi . What I will do with you ....he asked .
Hawww!!! Pehle child or ab cartoon .Hadh hoti h Anirudh . Log jaha romantic baate kartey hai vaha aapko kid and cartoon nazar aate hai ....she huffed .
(Earlier your were calling me kid and now cartoon . My god Anirudh ! Where people talk romantic stuff you can only come up with cartoon and kid ).
What you want me to say then . Those cliche and cringe dialogues of your romantic novels where they exaggerate about every impossible thing and promise to bring moon to earth and plucking starts and all those planetary stuff....he said exasperated.
Should I say, Chavi I would bring 🪐 Saturn's ring for our you on our engagement day ....he asked making her laugh .
You really sucks at Romance Anirudh !! who say Saturn ring and all that stuff....she asked amidst her laughing fit .
Well I am like this only , deal with it for rest of your life ....he said .
I would gladly do that for rest of my life
...she whispered.