chapter 203

👼MY ANGEL👼

👼MY ANGEL👼

"Thank you!"

After a few more exchanges, the call ended.

After that, Elsa started thinking about her child's situation. What was she really going to do?

Getting a new job wasn't enough. She understood that. Getting a new job wasn't enough to take care of the child and give it a future. It needed a family.

What if Jeremy didn't want this child? Then what? Before its fourth birthday, it wouldn't have a mom anymore. What would she do? Take it to her grandma to take care of it? Ask Hayley or Alex to be its guardian?

All this stress wasn't good for her. So when she felt a sharp pain where her tumor was, she quickly reached for her medicine and swallowed it.

Just when the pain was dying down, Elsa's ringtone went off.

She reached for it to answer, only to have her heart skip a beat when it was Jeremy.

That made her think, what if Jeremy would accept this child now that it's here? What if this would be a breakthrough for their relationship? What if he only said that because he thought he didn't want a baby, but now that it's here and growing in her womb, he might think differently? Surely he couldn't reject his own flesh and blood, right?

"Hello, Jeremy?"

"You thought I was bluffing, didn't you, Gwen?" A harsh tone was used when saying those words. Elsa could hear the anger in his voice.

"W-what are you... What are you talking about?" She asked nervously.

"I told you, Mrs. Callahan, that I wanted you here yesterday or your friend Lui, suffers the consequences. But you thought nothing would happen and still didn't come, therefore disobeying me, right?" He stressed the word 'friend' in displeasure.

Elsa immediately panicked. What if he did something to Lui? He couldn't have, right? Please let him not have done anything to him!

Elsa used a polite tone with him, despite his being harsh and mean. "Jeremy, it's not like that, I swear. I didn't disobey you... I just... Yesterday I was accused of something serious. I was under so much stress, I-"

"Yeah, I know. You're so famous right now because of those accusations thrown at you," he mocked.

Elsa didn't know what to say. The news article had been taken down, but that didn't stop the internet from talking. She was still trending from the previous day. The ones who read the article were the ones now spreading the word, now that the article wasn't available.

"You know I could have helped you, cleared your name, right? Because taking down a news story isn't enough," he faked a friendly tone, something Elsa noticed too.

Elsa knew Jeremy had that kind of influence. He had something others would consider a cult following.

People in Serpens listened to whatever he said. Things always went his way. If he said Elsa didn't do anything wrong, that was it. He would be believed. But would he help her though?

"Will you, Jeremy?" She asked in a little hopeful voice.

"No. I am not going to do anything," he answered immediately, and very harshly.

Elsa felt her heart shatter a little. "But-"

"You have an hour to get here, Mrs. Callahan. You have one hour to come here before I make your friend suffer again!" He yelled in her ear.

Elsa's face showed her surprise and confusion. "Again?"

Jeremy chuckled. "Yes, wifey, again. I got one of his businesses shut down!"

"W-why?"

"Because you disobeyed me. I didn't even need a reason to have it closed down. All I had to do was say I wanted it shut down. And this morning, his license was revoked, making it close down until further notice," he said in his very sinister voice.

Elsa's eyes got watery as she asked, "Jeremy, that is not fair. He didn't do anything. Why hurt his business like that?"

Hearing the tone in her voice, Jeremy got pissed instantly. "Are you sad? You care about him so much that you are sad to see him like that?"

"I-"

"Well, let's see how much my wife cares for this other man... (Scoffs) You have exactly one hour to get here. You have an hour to come back to your husband's house. Or else, I will close down another one of his businesses with just one phone call!"

His voice then softened as he said, "The choice is yours. Come home, or he suffers."

And with that, he hung up the call, leaving Elsa frozen in place.

*

If you were Elsa, what would you do?