chapter 294

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

The more time passed, the more scared they got.

The surgery started at 10 am in the morning, but now it was 3 pm, but the tumor removal was still continuing.

Jeremy sat on the floor watching the door and the lights of the operating theatre.

His mind kept going back to the first day he saw her. Well, not truly. He first saw her at the gates of Serpens University. And then he saw her again at his wedding. He truly believed she was Gwen at that time.

And that day, was exactly a year ago.

He remembered how confused and scared she looked at that time. How he grabbed her arm to keep her from walking away. How she struggled to take her arm back. How her innocent eyes looked into his as she said, "Let go of me, Sir! I don't know you!"

That was the first thing she had ever said to him.

Come to find out, she really didn't know who Jeremy was. There was two of them in that video that had to be recovered because someone deleted it.

But who?

If his assistant didn't think something was suspicious about the video missing and used Jeremy's name to get access to the storage unit and recover the deleted footage, Jeremy would still be believing Elsa was Gwen.

Could there be other things that were altered or removed to make it seem like Elsa was Gwen?

He had to find out.

And in the meantime, Jeremy decided to go to Elsa and beg for forgiveness as soon as she woke up. He already was regretting everything now.

He still didn't know it all, but he already felt sorry.

He never felt this kind of fear. He was afraid Elsa would die. He was afraid he was about to lose her. And that fear created a painful feeling in his heart.

Another excruciatingly long hour passed before the light of the operating theatre was turned off.

Jeremy got up from the floor immediately and walked to the door.

Hayley and Bruno followed behind closely.

They impatiently waited for the door to open and the doctors operating on Elsa to walk out.

The two doctors walked out of the operation room with an expression on their face that had the three people holding their breaths.

The doctors looked like they had a dark cloud covering their faces.

One of them looked at Jeremy, and then he shook his head before looking away.

"We tried our best."

They shook their heads in regret.