chapter 253

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

As Elsa walked out of the police station, she took out her phone and called Alex. She told her everything that had just happened.

Alex couldn't help but get angry herself. "Jeremy is just as evil as Victoria. I should have known. (Sighs) Elsa, this is also the reason I didn't want you to give out your evidence. It would have been lost with the case closed and you would never get to use it in court."

Elsa's hopes of getting justice had already dropped. "I don't think I'll ever get to go to court. My case has been closed, remember? And I don't think they'll ever reopen it."

"Don't worry Elsa, we'll find a way. I promise you, we will," Alexandria assured her.

After a few more exchanges, they said their goodbyes and the call ended.

As Elsa kept walking away from the police station, she spotted Jeremy a few meters from her. He was leaning against his car while smoking a cigarette.

Elsa wanted to ignore him at first, but she decided to confront him. After everything he had done, she needed an explanation.

She stomped her way over to him with anger all over her face.

"Why did you do this, Jeremy?" she immediately asked the moment she approached him.

Jeremy hadn't seen her at first, so he got startled when he saw her, but quickly composed himself as he looked into her angry eyes. "You had my case closed, after Victoria hurt me? Why?"

Even Jeremy noticed the hurt in her voice. For some reason, Elsa felt betrayed.

She was right to assume his friendly gestures towards her weren't real. If so, why was Victoria protected after almost killing Elsa?

Didn't he care what happened to Elsa at all? Wouldn't he want the one who harmed her to be punished?

"I will not let anything happen to Victoria," he said in a deep, low voice.

Elsa couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"What is wrong with you, Jeremy? Don't you have a conscience at all?!"

Despite Elsa screaming at him, Jeremy stayed composed. "As long as Victoria is okay, I will do whatever it takes."

Elsa felt her eyes welling up with tears, but again, she refused to cry. She had promised herself she wouldn't cry for this man again, and she wouldn't ever again.

"Even when she hurts me, you'll still protect her?" she asked with disbelief.

"Yes, that's what I will do. It doesn't matter what she does, I'll always protect her. So you are not allowed to put a case against her again."

Elsa was beyond shocked. What was the difference between Jeremy and Victoria then? They were both cruel.

Victoria had told her some time ago that Jeremy would never let anything happen to her.Elsa should have believed her.

She tried to appeal to his humanity one more time before completely believing that he was a lost cause.

"Jeremy, I don't think you understand. Victoria forced me to take a psychotic drug and then gave me a knife to use to kill myself. I would have died if I hadn't been found. She wanted to kill me," she explained to him.

Jeremy walked closer to Elsa and said with concern in his voice, "Is the knife the evidence that has her fingerprints?"

Elsa nodded. "Yes."

She hoped that at least that would convince him to let her get her justice.

Only for Jeremy to say with an authoritative voice, "Give it to me."

Elsa took a step away from him and looked at him confused. "What?"

"Give me the knife."

Elsa understood what he meant. He wanted the evidence that would incriminate Victoria so that he could keep protecting her. "So you can destroy it to protect your beloved?" she laughed bitterly.

Jeremy pulled her towards him, holding her arms tightly. He then leaned into her face as he ordered her with a scary voice, "Give me the knife, Elsa."

Elsa was still afraid of him. She didn't understand how she had found the courage to hit him the other night.

Even though she was afraid of him, she wasn't going to show it. So she stayed composed as she said, "No, I will not. I will never give it to you. You will have to kill me first."

And with that, she pushed him away before quickly running away, leaving Jeremy there with empty hands as he stared at her back as she left.

***

I was suppose to give you these three chapters with the rest, but seeing 100k reads in part 1? And 45k in part 2? I couldn't resist. Thank you so much for giving my novel a chance. I don't take anything for granted. So you even reading this feels like a blessing.

большое спасибо