chapter 297

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

At the Rowland residence.

Jeremy burst into the house, anger written all over his face.

Victoria hadn’t been able to reach Jeremy for the past few days. He hadn’t been picking up his phone, he wasn’t at Callahan Co-operation, and he wasn:t at his villa. He had simply disappeared.

So when she saw him walking into the living room, Victoria and Esther were leisurely drinking juice. But she jumped off the sofa and ran to meet him.

“Jeremy, you came to see me? I’ve been looking everywhere for you!” She was just about to hug him when Jeremy pushed her away, causing her to stumble back.

“Where is he?” He asked angrily as he paced around the room. “Where is that father of yours? Where is he?!” Jeremy was panting heavily due to his anger.

Victoria looked at him confused. “My adoptive father? Why are you looking for him?”

Jeremy turned to Victoria. “You told me you had nothing to do with Elsa’s government records being changed, but it seems like you lied to me!”

Victoria’s heart started beating fast as she began to panic. Did Jeremy know? How did he know?

Victoria blinked innocently and acted confused. “Jeremy, what are you talking about?”

“Your father, John... He paid someone to make sure Elsa was Gwen!”

The frustration and anger in Jeremy’s voice was enough to make the two women feel like running.

“That cannot be true. My father would never do that. He doesn’t  even have the connections, or reason to.”

Jeremy laughed mockingly. “When Elsa said you changed her data, I should have believed her.” He shook his head with regret.

When Victoria heard that, her heart jumped into her throat.

“Jeremy, what are you accusing me of?” she asked with a booboo cry voice.

But Jeremy wasn’t moved this time. He actually got more angry.

“You were in on it, weren’t you? You knew Elsa was not Gwen, but you misled me to think she was. You filled my head with lies and made me think she was manipulating me, when really you were!”

Victoria’s eyes went wide. She started stuttering her words trying to find an explanation. “I... I... I...”

Esther immediately stood up for Victoria. She had to make sure Victoria doesn’t say anything wrong and make things worse.

“Jeremy, what are you talking about? Victoria never did anything like that. You know Victoria, why would you assume that of her? And where did you hear that John changed Elsa’s data? My husband would never do that. That is a lie!”