chapter 291

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

The wedding day had arrived.

It had been exactly a year since Victoria had worn a wedding gown, ready to become Jeremy's wife, only for her wedding to be interrupted.

But this time, nothing was going to stand in her way. Elsa had to be dead by now, or close to death. She was no longer a threat, and there was nothing she could do.

Victoria was walked down the aisle by her two fathers to meet Jeremy Callahan, who was waiting for her at the altar.

Jeremy wasn't smiling during the ceremony either. It wouldn't have bothered Victoria if she hadn't noticed how hesitant he was acting.

However, she decided not to dwell on it and reminded herself that Jeremy loved her.

She said to him, ‘I do’ immediately after the priest asked.

Then, the priest posed the same question to Jeremy. "Mr. Jeremy Callahan, do you take this bride as your wife, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish her as long as you both shall live?"

For some unknown reason, to him, Jeremy turned to look at the door, as if he were expecting something, or rather, someone.

He was anticipating someone to walk into the church and halt the wedding.

Why would he even have such an expectation?

Why was he expecting Elsa to show up again, just like last time?

He looked back at the door twice, but nobody was there.

He decided to look a third time before saying ‘I do’. And this time, when he looked, someone was there.

Two men, dressed like police officers, were entering.

Jeremy immediately let go of Victoria's hand and rushed towards the police officers.

His actions surprised him as well.

Victoria looked at Jeremy, confused. What was he doing, again? "Jeremy! Jeremy! Jeremy, where are you going?"

But Jeremy ignored her as he continued rushing towards the police.

"Is there a problem, officers?" he immediately asked.

"Are you Jeremy Callahan, Gwen Halverson's husband?"

"Yes, this is him."

"No, he is her ex-husband!" Victoria yelled as she approached them. She held Jeremy's arm as if securing herself there.

The officers just gave her a quick glance that showed they didn't care before looking back at Jeremy.

"Why did you ask me that? Is something wrong with Elsa?"

The police took it as Jeremy was referring to Elsa by her made-up name and continued. "Yes, there is. Gwen was severely beaten in her prison cell last night. She is currently fighting for her life in Central City Hospital," one officer said.

"By law we are required to inform you, since you are still registered as her husband in the records." The other officers added.

'Wait, Jeremy didn't register the divorce papers?' Victoria wondered.

Rosanna and James had walked over to hear what it was about Elsa. And the moment they did, Rosanna's bouquet of flowers slipped from her hand and fell on the floor.

Jeremy's heart skipped a beat and was beating so fast, it threatened to break out of its ribcage.

"Can you take me to her, please?" That was the first time Jeremy had ever used that word.

When Victoria heard this, she got angry. Her wedding will not be ruined the second time by Elsa. No way!

"Jeremy, our wedding!" She reminded him with hurt in her voice, knowing that  that always worked on Jeremy.

But that day, Jeremy ignored her. He was already leaving with the police who agreed to take him to Elsa.

Lorna wasn't going to allow this of course and grabbed Jeremy's hand. "Jeremy don't fall for that woman's schemes. She might have faked this whole situation just to stop your wedding with Victoria. She is a shameless woman, after all. Have you forgotten what she has done before?"

****

Thoughts on this update?