chapter 271

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa was feeling nervous. Her hands were shaking, and her heart was racing, as she remembered her thoughts at that moment in the press conference.

If Jeremy hadn’t stopped her in time, Elsa would have killed someone. She would have shot Victoria dead.

Was she truly capable of killing? Was that truly her?

She didn’t even know anymore.

Elsa was in her room, holding onto her phone, waiting for the people she was calling to pick up.

“Hello, pretty one. I almost thought you forgot about me,” Lui’s deep and magnetic baritone shook the phone.

Elsa felt a sense of calmness hearing his voice. That was the effect Lui seemed to have on her.

“Hello, Lui... I would never forget you. Don’t even joke about that,” Elsa said before sitting down on her bed.

Lui chuckled in a deep voice.

“Well, we haven’t really seen much of each other lately like we did before. I miss you, you know?”

Elsa blushed a little at that revelation. “I miss you too,” she admitted. “I’ll come see you soon.”

“Really?” Lui’s voice lit up with excitement.

“Of course. I wouldn’t lie to you.”

Before Lui could answer, Elsa said, “Lui, I’m going to ask you something, and please don’t think too much about it. Just give me an answer, and that’s it, okay?”

Lui already had an idea of what Elsa wanted to say but still acted clueless. “Sure. What’s up?”

Elsa took a deep breath before asking, “Yesterday, did I ask you to give me a gun?”

Elsa figured the only person she could have gotten a gun from was Lui. She didn’t know anyone else who would have helped her in that way, so Dark Elsa wouldn’t either.

There was a brief silence on his side, which made Elsa nervous. She prayed that he wouldn’t ask her what she was talking about and deny it wasn’t him.

And then Lui answered, “Yes. You called me last night, saying you had just left the Callahan Manor and wanted to buy a gun from me. I brought the gun to you immediately, for free because I wouldn’t allow you to buy anything from me. You took the gun and went back to Jeremy’s villa without much conversation. You promised to call me soon, and I’m glad you kept your word.”

Lui didn’t come alone to meet Elsa; he had his doctor with him, but Elsa didn’t see him. He needed the doctor to observe her actions from a far, but close enough to her to see her clearly.

Lui remembered that time pretty well. Elsa stood by the side of the road, waiting for him patiently. She had no smile on her face and no warmth in her eyes. Her complexion was even paler at that time, and there was no color on her skin.