chapter 202

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jenna then broke down in tears. "Esther is a demon. She is the demon who wants me dead! I have fought for my babies. I have kept them safe. I never once even tried to use them for who their father is. But she, she took advantage of that to claim what belongs to my girls!"

Her father? Gwen and Elsa had a father? Who was he? Where was he?

Esther knew who he was! She cried even more bitterly. "Maybe I need to do it. Do as she said... Maybe I need to end it all. Maybe I need to end my pain. She said I'm broken and need to be freed from this world. I don't want to leave my Gwen. I don't want to leave my Elsa.

"I don't want to leave my babies. But I know one day she will win and I will bend to her will. No one is coming to save me. I will die soon. But at least I have left something for my babies to start a life with when they get older."

When she said 'my babies', Elsa subconsciously held her tummy.

Jenna fought for her babies, she should fight for her baby too. She should keep it.

Maybe she should keep this child.

The tape ended there. And it ended with Elsa crying her eyes out.

She decided not to watch another video and just check the file instead.

Allan wasn't the only doctor who took care of Jenna. He was just the main one. Other doctors did too.

They said they tried everything to calm her down and get her stabilized. They tried electroconvulsive therapy, lithium, antidepressants, and others But nothing worked. Nothing helped her.

Elsa looked at the drugs her mother was given and noticed there was no sodium pentothal. Thinking this, she took her phone and called Allan.

"Hello Elsa, did you get home safe?" he asked, since he saw her this morning looking down and depressed from losing her job.

"Yes, thanks for asking," she said, not giving away any emotion.

She looked at the file again before bringing up her case. "I'm going through my mom's file right now. And I have a question, if you don't mind."

"Sure, go ahead." Allan sat down in his living room as he remembered everything.

He had been going through the file for years, so he knew how he treated Jenna the entire time. He had other doctors who helped, but every drug given to Jenna, he approved because she was his patient.

"No, we didn't," he said, wanting Elsa to continue and maybe tell him why she asked.

"What is that drug, by the way? What does it do?"

"Well, Elsa... That drug is a rapid-onset, short-acting anesthetic. That means it is a short-lasting drug that lasts from 5 to 10 minutes. So if it was prescribed, she would have had to take it again after 10 minutes," he said calmly.

When Elsa heard '10 minutes,' she remembered Daisy saying that the nurse had 10 minutes to kill her mother.

"What does it do? What does 'rapid-onset, short-acting' mean?" Elsa asked.

"It means the drug lasts for a short time. And during that time, the effect of the drug is that the patient will be quick to act without thinking anything through. When you give it to a patient, all you have to do is suggest a thought that was already said to them before, and they will quickly execute it in that short period of the drug in their system," he answered Elsa.

He then furrowed his eyebrows. "Elsa, how do you know about those pills? And what makes you think your mom got them?"

Elsa pressed her lips together and closed her eyes. Everything was falling into place. Things were making more and more sense.

"Because it was found in her body after she died!" she said in a smooth monotone.

Allan was just about to put a coffee mug to his lips and take a sip, but he froze. 'Oh my God! Sodium pentothal is the red pill!'

Jenna kept telling him that a nurse wanted to give her some red pills that were going to make her kill herself.

She always specified that the pill was red. And now Elsa was saying that sodium pentothal was found in Jenna. And that pill found in her was the red pill! Could she have been telling the truth?

"Elsa?" he called out in a shaky voice.

"Your mother kept saying a nurse was suggesting to her to kill herself... If that nurse gave her those pills, she had 10 minutes... All she had to do in those minutes was suggest suicide again, and your mom would... She would have... Oh my god!" he exclaimed.

Elsa just smiled bitterly. He was putting the pieces together on his own.

The call went silent after that as Elsa let him process everything. The silence lasted for a while.

"I'll help you... Tomorrow evening, I'll help talk to Daisy. I hope you can get some answers," he breathed.

*

Told yah this is the part of the story where things will be uncovered...

I am so excited let me tell you....

The red pills is a side storyline that I got randomly when I was planning this novel. It's only when I started writing, did I realize how important it is to know what they are.

 It's only when I started writing, did I realize how important it is to know what they are