chapter 280

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy Callahan drove to April Sea at 4 pm.

When he arrived, Elsa wasn't there yet. In fact, the entire beach was empty. He leaned against his car and took a cigarette, lighting it. He smoked leisurely as he waited for Elsa.

Little did he know, Victoria had followed him and sent his location to John, knowing this was where Elsa had told Jeremy to come.

Around 5:30 pm, Jeremy felt something poke his back. "Turn around, Mr. Callahan," Elsa's voice rang in his ear.

Jeremy threw his remaining cigarette down and stepped on it, putting it out. He then turned to Elsa, who was holding a knife pointed at him.

"You're early," she commented.

Jeremy smiled brightly. "I can't be late to my own funeral."

"That's the problem with you, Jeremy. You think everything is a joke."

Jeremy saw how annoyed Elsa came out so he changed his tone when he spoke. "You're wrong about that." He said seriously.

"Am I? Am I truly? Your children's lives were a joke to you. You didn't care about the first, and you certainly don't care about this one."

Seeing Jeremy suddenly mute, Elsa scoffed.

She held the knife very tight as she said, "I have seven gifts for you."

"Seven gifts?"

"Yeah, seven."

"What are they?"

"Just seven things that represent what came and what's coming..."

Jeremy still wasn't understanding so he asked again, "And what are they?"

Elsa was more than glad to answer. "One for sorrow. Two for mirth. Three for a wedding. Four for a birth. Five for silver, six for gold. And seven for a secret... Not to be told."

Now Jeremy was truly confused. His eyes narrowed as he spoke. "I don't understand. Are these things I have done to you? Are those things that you or I will do? I don't understand. Those things don't make sense to me."

Elsa chuckled. "It doesn't have to, Mr. Callahan. You will have plenty of time to figure it out after I kill you and send you to hell. You will spend eternity there. That's a long time to solve the equation."

Jeremy looked at Elsa with interest. "You're still going to try to kill me?"

"Maybe my eyes should turn white when I attack, like a shark. Maybe then you'll know I mean to hurt you... I told you, I will kill you today. And I intend to keep that promise."

She then held the knife in the middle of his chest. Elsa's sharp eyes were filled with anger and hatred. Jeremy held her gaze, his cold eyes looking into hers.

"When you put that dagger inside me, who will you be avenging? Yourself? Or the baby you miscarried?" Jeremy asked.

"Both. You treated us both so cruelly. You could have killed me in that snow that night. You shoved me so hard, I lost my baby. You hit me, you hurt me, you insulted me... A person like you should be in jail, but since you are technically untouchable, I either grow as untouchable as you so I can be an opponent, or I just kill you, then turn myself in."

Jeremy just nodded at her words.

"Will that would make you feel better?" He asked with a low voice.

"Very!" Elsa said determined.

"Then I'll get you started..."

Jeremy suddenly put his hand on Elsa's hand that was holding the knife.

Elsa initially thought Jeremy wanted
to take the knife away and was ready to fight, only for him to start pushing it into his chest with force.

Elsa was stunned.

She looked at his chest, the knife slowly being driven in, staining his white shirt red.

Elsa looked at Jeremy, his eyes on her as he kept driving the knife into himself. He remained silent.

She was confused as to why he would intentionally help her harm him.

Jeremy's eyes remained cold and distant, as always. The knife was halfway through his chest now, blood spilling and staining Elsa's and his hand.

"Do you feel a little better?" he asked with a low voice.

"I started you off. Drag the rest of the knife into my chest, since you want me dead so bad."

Elsa froze in place at his actions, unable to do anything.

And just then, the sound of a police car approaching was heard.

****

Thoughts on this chapter?... Did Jeremy surprise you?