chapter 243

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Lui looked taken aback by that request. Elsa rolled her eyes and chuckled a little. But laughing made her feel pain in her wound so she stopped immediately.

"I don't mean it like that, I just want to be held by you... That's all."

Her tired eyes, and tender smile, reflected in Lui's black eyes.

"You want to be held by me?"

"Yeah, you're like my security blanket right now."

That drug had traumatized Elsa just remembering the state she was when she took it. She needed to be held by someone. And Lui was that someone.

"You're so adorable Miss Halverson... And I would love to hold you. But, you're still hurt, you haven't recovered yet. I cannot get in bed with you."

Elsa pouted. "Please Lui, don't make me beg. That's can be considered inhumane, you know? Making a girl in a hospital bed beg."

Lui  found himself laughing. "And what you're doing sweetheart? Is called manipulation."

Elsa narrowed her eyes a little and tilted her head. "I thought you were finding it hard to say no to me Mr Lui.. Was that a lie?"

Okay, patient Elsa was something else.

"Elsa, honey... Your bed is so small, what if I hurt you?"

Elsa answered him confidently. "You would never hurt me, remember?"

Lui chuckled and rolled his eyes. He had no choice but to take off his shoes, lift up the blanket on one side, and get in bed with Elsa.

He was a little afraid of Elsa sleeping on her side and hurting herself, so he moved closer and he slept on his side, resting his head carefully on Elsa's chest.

"You'll tell me if you are in pain, right?"

"I promise."

Because of how small the bed was, there was barely any distance between them. Elsa wrapped her arms around Lui touching his back, and Lui carefully and gently put his hand right hand around Elsa's waist.

"This is technically illegal, you know? Sleeping in a hospital bed with a patient." Lui whispered, as if talking too loud would make them get heard.

They had changed Elsa in that light patient gown so the immediately felt the warmth from Lui's body.

"You've done illegal trades before, why should this frightened you?"

Lui let out a deep chuckle in his magnetic baritone. He felt better in Elsa's arms. Though he should be the one holding her. But making her change positions might not be a good idea. "Elsa, I thought I had lost you for a moment.

"I saw the sky turn gray, the world had lost its color. It was now black and white in my eyes.

"Now I know how you felt when carrying Gwen in your arms taking her to the hospital. (Sighs) I don't ever want to feel that again. I don't ever want to see you hurt like that."