chapter 293

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

A nurse came with the papers. Jeremy signed them quickly.

"Start the operation to save her life immediately!" He ordered the nurse in such a scary voice, she ran back where she came from quickly.

Jeremy was pacing around the place nervously Elsa got prepared for surgery.

And when it was time, he watched them carry her in a stretcher bed taking her from the room she was in, and to the operation room.

His heart was beating fast. He was shaking while sweating at the same time.

The three people in the hallway were nervously pacing around or tapping their foot an hour after Elsa's surgery began.

They were outside the operating room waiting for the doctors to come out of there with some good news, they hoped.

The hours turned to three, and they were still waiting.

Jeremy had taken off his coat and tie and thrown them somewhere as his anxiety took hold.

He didn't understand what was going on with him. He shouldn't care what happens to Elsa. He shouldn't at all.

Jeremy saw Hayley seated on the bench by herself, away from him and Bruno.

He went over to her and sat next to her.

Hayley had lowered her head crying before. But now, she turned to Jeremy with cold eyes, "What do you want now, you scumbag?"

Jeremy saw her hostility for him and was about to explain himself only for his phone to ring with a notification.

His assistant had sent him a video.

He clicked on it with trembling hands.

And there it was.

A girl who looked like Elsa was standing on the side of the road talking to her phone. The moment a car stopped close to her, she smiled and hung up the call.

And as she did, the driver's side of the car was opened and another girl who looked like Elsa got off and ran to hug the other girl who looked like her!

There was a figure still inside the car who seemed to be Hayley.

The two identical girls hugged each other tightly for some good seconds before the one who drove helped the other put her luggage into the car boot.

Jeremy couldn't believe his eyes.

Before he could process anything, his phone rang. His assistant was calling.

"I have to tell you Mr. Callahan, the video I just sent you had been lost for some reason, in the storage files. I was told that the cameras had some difficulties at that exact time so they didn't record anything. But I knew something was wrong. Good thing it wasn't hard for me to recover them. I just called an expert and we went to the storage system and found that this clip had been removed. So, he recovered it for me."

All the life drained from Jeremy's arms as he lowered the phone from his ear.

'Elsa.... Elsa is not Gwen!... oh my god she was telling me the truth!'

'She was.... she was also... she was also the girl I saw at Serpens University.... it was her... but I mistook her for Gwen....'

'Then I mistook Gwen for her.... and then I... and then I.... oh god what have I done!'

Hayley overheard that conversation. She chuckled bitterly as she looked at Jeremy. "See how it was that simple for you to find out the truth? For you to prevent all of this from happening? It was just one phone call away. That simple, Jeremy Callahan. It was that easy for you not to be lied to, that easy.

"How do you feel now? Mmh? How does it feel knowing you were wrong this whole time?"

Jeremy abruptly got up from the bench. "I have to apologize to her!... I have to apologize to Elsa!... I have to tell her I'm sorry!" There was panic, and fear in his voice.

He rushed over to the door. Forgetting himself, he tried to open it.

His phone had been tossed away somewhere, he didn't even know where.

If not for the fact that the door was locked from the inside, Jeremy would have budged in.

"Jeremy what are you doing? Are you trying to interrupt the surgery? Do you want to kill Elsa?!" Hayley shouted as she pushed Jeremy away from the door.

Brain surgery was a delicate operation. The doctors needed to be fully concerntrated. One wrong move could bring serious consequences. Just like heart surgery.

Jeremy backed away from the door as his eyes got even more red. He only stopped when he hit the wall.

"No.... I don't... want to interrupt... I want to say... I want to say that I'm sorry." His voice sounded so heavy and shaky.

He slid down the wall until he sat on the floor.

He ran his fingers through his hair as stared at the operation room door.

"Elsa..." He called out with a broken voice.

****

Bonus morning chapter... yeeey!!!

***

No no Jeremy, there is still so many things we have to regret. Don't fall for quickly.

***

anyway, see you soon, in the next chapter.

Paid For My Twin Sister's Crimes On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara