chapter 204

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

At that moment, Elsa called Lui.

He didn't answer the first call, which made Elsa nervous and call him again. It was only after several rings that he answered.

"Hello, pretty one," he said the moment he answered the call.

But his voice was distant, making Elsa feel even more guilty.

If she had left the previous day, Jeremy wouldn't have come for Lui the way he did. "Are you okay, Lui?"
she immediately asked.

"Uhm... Err.... Sure.... Yes.... I'm good... Doing good..." he said, sounding absent-minded, as if he was thinking about something else while talking to Elsa.

Elsa closed her eyes and sighed. He wasn't good. "I'm so sorry, Lui. This is all my fault," she said in a broken voice.

"What are you talking about, pretty one?"

Elsa knew Lui knew what she meant; he just wanted her to say exactly what she meant.

"I know Jeremy closed one of your businesses down," she said.

"You do?" Lui asked.

"Yeah, he took great pride in that as he told me a few minutes ago," Elsa said with a low voice.

Lui just smiled lightly. "It's okay, little one. I will be alright. It's just a bump in the road," he said, not showing any negative emotions towards Elsa.

"No... It's not... If you had your business shut down, it must be stressing you out," she couldn't help but feel guilty.

If she had left, Jeremy wouldn't have come for Lui. He did warn her he would.

"It's okay. I can navigate my way through this," he answered.

That didn't help Elsa's conscience.

"You shouldn't even be going through this. It's my fault. He wouldn't have come for you if not for me. I'm so sorry."

"Elsa, no. You did not do this. I wouldn't blame you."

"That doesn't mean I don't... I didn't mean to cause you so much trouble."

And she won't anymore. He knows what Jeremy would do now if she didn't go to him.

***

Elsa walked into Jeremy's villa feeling anxious. Especially after Mrs. Jacobs told her Jeremy was home.

She had come in less than an hour. She hoped he wasn't mad at her now.

She should tell him about her pregnancy. The earlier, the better.

Elsa knocked on his bedroom door and waited for him to open it. She played with her fingers the entire time.

The door opened, and a half-naked man stood in front of her. His wet hair showed he had just come from the shower. He had a white towel wrapped around his waist.

He just eyed her up and down, not saying anything to her, giving her an uncomfortable silence.

She had no choice but to talk first. "Jeremy, I have something important to tell you," she said, blinking repeatedly and nervously.

Jeremy didn't answer and just grabbed her hand, pulling her into his bedroom. He then threw her roughly onto his big bed before standing next to her with a towering rage.

Her face turned pale as she looked at the man she loved, who was looking at her with pure anger and hatred.

All her courage left her body. She didn't know what to tell him now or how to tell him.

"You like that man so much that, you come running to protect him?" The man's voice was alluring, with a hint of mockery and annoyance.

"Jeremy, that's not what happened. You've misunderstood me-"

"Misunderstood you?... Misunderstood you? Have you forgotten how much you've lied to me in the past?"

Elsa started crawling back as the man's eyes resembled those of the devil. He grabbed her leg, keeping her from moving, and then got into bed and pinned her under him.

***

Elsa woke up the next day in Jeremy's bed. Before she was fully conscious and aware of her surroundings, a harsh voice said, "Take this!"

A box of contraceptive pills was thrown at her.

She looked at it as she sat up and blinked away her sleep. When she saw what it was, her muscles tightened immediately.

Elsa lifted her head to look at the one who threw the box at her. She saw that Jeremy was fully clothed, unlike her. He seemed ready for his day, looking poised and elegant.

He still appeared cold, but completely different from the violent devil he had been the night before.

She looked at the box of contraceptive pills, and a cold sweat ran down her spine. She was already pregnant. She shouldn't be taking contraceptives at all. It would harm her baby.

"Why aren't you swallowing the pills? Do you want me to feed you again?"

Elsa trembled. Last time, he had forced them down her throat. Would he do that today too?

Maybe she should tell him she was already pregnant. Maybe that would help. Maybe he would force her to take those pills.

Her hesitation in taking the pills made Jeremy agitated. Seeing this, Elsa decided to tell him immediately. "Jeremy, I am-"

"Elsa, remember what I told you before? If not, I'll tell you again. You are not allowed to carry my child. I don't want a baby with you. So don't even think about having my child. I don't ever want my heir to have a mother like you, do you understand? You do not deserve to have my child! You're not worthy!"

Those words felt like ice arrows shot into Elsa's heart. Her entire body turned cold, and it had nothing to do with the cold breeze outside.

She had thought that the child would be the breakthrough in their relationship, but it looked like she had been too naive.

He had told her again that he didn't want a baby with her. He even gave her a new box of contraceptives just to make it clear.

After he was done with her, he fed her contraceptives so she wouldn't get pregnant. He had forgotten the first nights when he didn't care about that. It was completely erased from his mind.

She had given herself to him willingly the previous night, thinking it might soften his heart.

But the joke was on her; nothing had changed.

Now, she didn't even have the courage to tell the man that she was pregnant with his child. Thus, under Jeremy's cold and watchful gaze, she had no choice but to swallow the pill, fearing he would force it on her again.

She took out a pill and pretended to swallow it. In reality, she hid the pill under her tongue.

She tried not to look guilty for deceiving him, but in fear that he would see through her, she quickly got up from his bed. She took the bedsheets to cover her body as she ran out of his room without looking back at him.

When she got into her bedroom, she quickly took the pill from under her tongue and threw it in her bathroom sink. She then washed her mouth as tears rolled down her cheeks. Now what? Should she hide this pregnancy from him or find the courage to tell him?