chapter 274

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy and Bruno stood outside Elsa's room while the doctor attended to her.

Bruno still hadn't received an answer from Jeremy regarding what had happened to Elsa.

"Jeremy, what happened? How did Elsa freeze in the snow like that?" he asked for the fourth time.

Jeremy remained silent, his gaze fixed on Elsa through the glass window as the doctor and nurse cared for her.

"Hey! Jeremy?... I'm talking to you. Answer," Bruno persisted.

Finally, Jeremy slowly turned to face Bruno, revealing the emotions he had been trying to conceal. Bruno, who knew Jeremy better than anyone, recognized the look in his eyes.

Bruno's questioning expression turned to disappointment. "What did you do?" he asked in a weary voice.

Jeremy's eyes dropped, avoiding Bruno's gaze. He appeared as though he was about to speak, but his phone rang, interrupting him.

Jeremy retrieved his phone from his pocket and checked the caller.

Victoria.

Jeremy knew she was calling him because he was late in coming to visit her, so he didn't need to answer.

He looked at Bruno and said, "I'll be back."

Bruno looked at Jeremy, confused. "Where are you going?"

"To see Victoria," he said with a low voice.

"What? You're leaving Elsa? Even before knowing how she is doing?"

"I am not leaving her. Victoria is in the very same hospital, in the VIP section rooms. I'll just check on her and I'll be right back," Jeremy said before turning around and walking away from Bruno.

"Jeremy! What the hell!" Bruno exclaimed. "She is the one who needs you right now! She is your wife!"

But Jeremy didn't turn back and kept walking away to the VIP section.

He didn't give Bruno an answer to what had happened, but Bruno had a feeling Jeremy was to blame for Elsa almost freezing to death.

He sighed in frustration at his friend.

He was supposed to get on a private jet and take off to a country called Coventina in an hour, but he wasn't going to leave Elsa alone. Especially after Jeremy technically abandoned her to go find his side chick, even before knowing if she was okay.

It made him wonder about his emotions on the day when he first saw her at Serpens University. Maybe it was just infatuation and it faded with time. How could that affection turn into this?