chapter 219

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa's cab stopped at the location she was told.

She had to walk a distance to a building with blue colored roofs.

Elsa held a small case carrying the documents in her hand as she walked over to the house.

She passed by  three other houses, and then left them a little far behind before she got to the blue house.

The house looked unfinished. Even the metal door had a space between it and the ground that a dog or a raccoon could get inside easily.

The walls were undone and the bricks looked newly put. The floors looked dusty and not cemented.

Elsa knocked on the door twice and no one opened it. But she heard a voice of a man telling her the door was open.

She pushed the door and it did open and she walked in.

Elsa did not know that somebody had spotted her walking this way and was running as fast as she could to catch up with her. Hoping not to lose her.

Elsa had remembered to turn on the recording on her phone before approaching the house and put the phone where it would get a clear recording of everything.

Victoria was too scheming for her to be careless.

As Elsa kept walking into the living room, she spotted a man standing on the right side of the living room next to a table and a chair. His back was facing Elsa.

The entire living was empty, except for that. Actually, the entire house looked unfinished. Nothing looked completed.

There was no ceiling and she could see the roof.

The moment the man turned around, Elsa froze.

She did not expect that to be the face she sees.

"I told you I will get you and prove to Jeremy that you cannot be trusted." He said with a triumphant voice.

Elsa did not expect the person who had been calling her and asking her to betray Jeremy was Bruno, his best friend.

This was definitely a surprise.

He pulled Elsa arm and forced her to sit on the chair before taking the case from her.

His expression was dark as his lips tugged into a smirk.

"I knew you wouldn't resist the urge. I knew with the mention of money, you would immediately come running.

"I had those papers sent to Jeremy on purpose just so you can get hold on them. And they are very important papers. For a project that Jeremy wouldn't want to lose. So he will definitely not let off the hook." He said confidently.

His hostile and scary voice made the person following Elsa hide while watching, feeling scared to go in.

Elsa hadn't said anything back to him and just stared at him the entire time.

He expected her to be scared, start scrambling for excuses, sweating, and shaking. But Elsa was just calm.

She was untroubled. She remained as cool as a cucumber.

Calm and relaxed.

Bruno had initially thought that this was the case that he sent with the papers earlier so he put the passcode confidently.

Only for it not to open.

He tried it three more times but it didn't open.

This was a case that had a code that couldn't be changed. How could Elsa have changed it? No, she couldn't.

She must have changed the case. Which means that she knew the passcode for the previous one to even open it and take the documents so she can put it elsewhere.

He sent it like that because the papers, of project Y, were important and didn't want Elsa getting such easy access to them. But it seemed like she found a way. She found a way and opened that case.

"You are more cunning than I thought. You cracked the code and took the papers out putting it into another case, didn't you?"

Elsa smirked with satisfaction seeing him annoyed.

"Yes I did. I found out the code and took the papers out putting them in this one. I had a feeling the person on the other side would try to betray me. I didn't know it was a trap from you, but I very much so the betrayal coming." She said to Bruno.

Bruno instantly burst into anger, the blue veins on his forehead popping violently.

"What is the passcode?" He asked while gritting his teeth.

Elsa felt like her sister at that moment. It kinda felt nice messing with people who thought they were so clever. Gwen was right.

"You promised me 2 million the moment I arrive here with it. Give me the money, and I will give you the passcode." Elsa said in a stern voice that made Bruno stunned for a moment.

Bruno then burst out laughing. "You think I will give you a cent right now? Heh! Right now, I feel like tearing you apart limp by limp until there is nothing left of you... But I will leave that to my dear friend after he sees how easily his wife betrays him for money."

Elsa just smiled. Her confidence at that moment was making Bruno very uneasy. She wanted her to get scared and beg for mercy. Beg him not to tell on her to her husband. But she didn't.

"Then I won't tell you the passcode. Figure it out." She said rudely and turned away to look the other direction.

That was when she noticed a figure peeping through the window. She couldn't see who it was clearly, but she definitely knew that was a person.

Bruno got angry. He had to open this case so that she can prove that Elsa was betraying Jeremy while under his roof.

He had to crack this case. And he knew someone who could help him.

But he couldn't leave Elsa here. Nor could he go with her.

So, he took some handcuffs he had with him and handcuffed Elsa's hands around the rails on the stairs. He had her sit on the dusty floor and wait for him there.

And just to torment her, he threw the key on the floor. A distance from her.

"Here is the key Gwen, get it and free yourself before I come. Because when I come back here with Jeremy, you will be taken away and thrown in jail just because of betraying him. You better run before then." He said in an alluring voice before leaving with the case.

Elsa watched him leave and when she was sure he was gone, she tried to reach for the key with her toe but it was too far.

Even with stretching herself to her limit, it was still out of reach.

She couldn't get it.

But Elsa wasn't afraid of Bruno cracking the code.

It was an easy code actually. She knew she was meeting someone evil and wicked so the code was the same. Evil and wicked.

666.

"Elsa?"

Someone suddenly called for her.

*

One of my favorite chapters because Elsa strong side made a slight appearance.