chapter 215

👆👆

This is longer because of the lion cub/ Jenna flashback...

👼 MY ANGEL👼

Years ago...

Jenna had come home a little late that evening.

Good thing she had called her daughters’ babysitter, Leslie, and told her she would be late. Telling her to stay a little longer with the kids and she will be paid extra.

And good thing she agreed.

She walked into her house taking off her heels immediately. She then put her hand on her back, still above her blouse, and unclipped her bra which had her sigh with relief.

She put her coat on coat rack and put her keys and bag down on the doorway table. She could hear the TV in the living room but no voices of the kids, or Leslie.

She walked into the living room and saw teen movie was playing. It was one that she didn't want her children to watch because it's not appropriate for 5 year olds.

It had people changing into werewolves and then attacking their enemies. Not the type of movie she wanted Elsa and Gwen to watch. Nothing violent for them.

She knew Leslie was watching this. But she wasn't mad, at least there wasn't any people stripping their clothes off in that little scene she just saw.

As she took the remote to turn it off, one of the character's eyes started glowing. He then went on his knees as he started changing into a werewolf.

It was just a wolf, not a lion. But Jenna felt her heart beating fast.

It's not like the lion she knew could change into an actual lion, so her suddenly tense feeling was so uncalled for.

The sound of her daughters giggling upstairs snapped her back from wherever her mind had taken her.

Something that she would not let anyone else find out.

But maybe today, since her children were still too young to understand, she would tell them. But in parables. Not direct.

She switched off the TV then headed upstairs.

She found the twins in their bedroom with Leslie.

"Come on Gwen, go to your bed already." Leslie told Gwen. She sounded very tired.

Gwen bit her finger and shook her head while giggling. She didn't want to go.

"Hey, Leslie." Jenna said entering the room.

Leslie turned to her. "Hey, Miss Halverson."

"Mummy!" The twins both jumped out of bed and ran to hug their mother.

"Hey my little angels." She said as she hugged them back.

After kissing both of them, she turned to Leslie. "Have they eaten?"