chapter 235

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Mr McConnell..." Elsa was surprised to see him there. And even more, seeing him holding an umbrella for her.

He helped her stand up while still holding an umbrella for her. He was hit the snow staining his brown hair, but he only held the umbrella for Elsa. "Look at you child, you look so cold."

She wasn't wearing any gloves so James could feel how cold her hands and fingers were.

"Come, let me take you home, okay?"

"Home?" Elsa asked. Not sure what home he was talking about.

"Yes home. I want to take home, make you some coffee to get rid of the cold. I saw you sneezing, you'll catch a cold."

The care in his voice was surprising even James himself. Why would he care if this woman who allegedly hurt his biological daughter caught a cold?

Shouldn't he not want any association with her?

"So... Your home?" Elsa asked.

"Yes. My home. I can have one the servants prepare you a warm bath and coffee. And also give you some warm clothes."

Elsa couldn't help but be reluctant.

"Mr McConnell, I don't think that's a good idea."

"And why would you think that?"

Elsa looked away from his gaze. "Not everybody will welcome me there. I don't want to cause any trouble."

James understood who would feel troubled if Elsa came there. "My daughter wouldn't want you there. That's who you're talking about?"

Elsa nodded. "And your wife as well."

Mr McConnell stared at her for a moment before asking, "So where do you want me to take you Miss Elsa? At Jeremy's house?"

Now that was an awkward question. Jeremy was still her legal husband, but he was engaged to James' daughter.

But not for long. Elsa didn't want to stay married to that man any longer. She had been thinking of divorcing him all week, she even wanted to call Victoria and tell her to give the divorce papers, she signs it, and then give Jeremy to sign because Elsa didn't want to see that man ever again.

So she shook her head, "No Mr McConnell, I don't want to go there either."

"Why not? Despite how weird this situation is, I know you are his legal wife."

He had found it so weird how Jeremy was so comfortable being with his daughter why still wearing a ring on his finger that showed he was married to someone else.

He had even suggested Jeremy should divorce Elsa first before this relationship with Victoria is made public on her birthday. But, Victoria insisted that she loved Jeremy and Jeremy would marry her soon. Elsa and him would be divorcing so there was nothing wrong with what they had.

This didn't feel like a good image to the McConnell family. That was why he didn't tell the Old Master McConnell, his father, about Jeremy being married. The drama wouldn't have ended. And he didn't want to ruin his daughter's special day.

And if his daughter was okay with it, who was he to rain on her parade?

"Jeremy and I are separated right now. We will divorce very soon."

"Is my daughter Vic the cause of your separation?"

Elsa shook her head and smiled. "No Mr McConnell, your daughter is not the reason. Jeremy himself did this to us. He is to be blamed."

It didn't matter if Victoria schemed and plotted, Jeremy had chosen to treat Elsa terribly regardless. He chose to be abusive towards her. And no one is to blame for his actions but him.

"Okay. I understand that, so where do you want me to take you?"

"My apartment will do just fine."

Mr McConnell opened the car door for Elsa. His car was warm inside so Elsa immediately felt better.

It was an expensive looking car with black leather seats.

Elsa gave him her directions and soon they were at her home.

He opened the car door for her and led her inside.

Little did they know that someone had sent someone to watch and follow Elsa ever since Victoria's birthday party. So, Elsa and James McConnell were being photographed together and send to that particular person.

When Elsa got into her house, Mr McConnell insisted on making her coffee and making sure she was okay before leaving.

Elsa took a warm bath and changed into warm clothes, including socks, before coming back to the living room.

She found Mr McConnell seated on the counter in the kitchen with two coffee cups infront of him and a coffee maker in the middle.

He was checking his phone while sipping the last bits of coffee left in his cup.

"Oh Miss Elsa, there you are. I thought we could get a chance to chat, but I've been called phone immediately. Something with Vic." He explained himself.

Elsa just smiled then nodded. "I understand Mr McConnell, your daughter needs you."

She then added, "Maybe some other day then..."

"Some other day, Miss Elsa."

"And by the way, thank you bringing me home."

"Well, from now on you can consider me as your friend. If you ever need anything, never hesitate to come look for me, okay?"

Elsa wouldn't dare ask him for anything, but she still nodded.

James left Elsa's apartment going back home. Victoria had called immediately after she got wind that James was with Elsa at her apartment. She could not let him stay there with Elsa, even for a moment. So she called him crying and telling him she needed her daddy.

Elsa sat down on the counter and poured herself some coffee. She drunk it and it was sweetest bestest coffee she had ever tasted in her life. Despite him making it just the same way as anyone would, they tasted very different. And it was a good different.