Chapter 356: Conflict Escalates!

Lin Bei still explained. After all, the person in front of him was a true Original Realm expert. Furthermore, he was an elder of the Azure Dragon Country. Lin Bei did not want to offend him.

Some things were better explained. If there was really a conflict, there was nothing he could do.

Although Qing Mu was at the Original Realm, Lin Bei did not think that he was weaker than the other party.

If they really fought, he was not afraid.

As for his request, he felt that it was very normal. He wanted a few more people to witness it so that no one would interfere and ruin the good thing. Whether it was Lin Bei or the Azure Dragon City, it should be something to be happy about.

Therefore, he spoke in a neither servile nor overbearing manner and said whatever he wanted.

It was his style to talk about the problem openly. As for secretly tampering, he was not so scheming and did not want to do anything unnecessary.

When Qing Mu heard Lin Bei’s words, he shook his head helplessly again. Recently, he had really been mentally and physically exhausted because of this matter.

“Do I look like a traitor?”

Qing Mu was really helpless. He hated traitors the most.

Back then, Jin Jia defected and even snatched the Inheritance Stone Tablet. This made him furious. He went out alone to search for a few days, but in the end, it was still useless. In addition, Azure Dragon City needed elders to maintain order, so he had no choice but to return to the city in the end and guard the inner city.

However, he was really angry to hear that he might be a traitor!

Although my hair and beard are all white, I have a kind face and don’t look like a bad person no matter how you look at me!

“Elder, please forgive me! I’m also willing to believe that you’re not a traitor, but isn’t this just in case!”

Lin Bei smiled and said, “But then again, a traitor won’t write the word ‘traitor’ on his face. Otherwise, your Elder Jin Jia would have been found long ago. How would he have the chance to cause trouble? So… my worry is reasonable.”

“If traitors write their identities on their faces, who would be afraid of traitors appearing around them? They can be seen directly. Just kill them.”

Lin Bei shrugged, looking stubborn.

He only had one request.

I want to see all the higher-ups here. Otherwise, I won’t be at ease. What if I’m tricked and end up being blamed? Coupled with the fact that this is your territory, who can I reason with?

If he really encountered such a situation, it would really be like yellow mud falling from his pants. Nobody would believe it even if he said it wasn’t sit.

It was better to be safe than sorry. Lin Bei was new here and did not want to be the scapegoat. He knew that these people who held power and authority were all black-hearted.

If he was not careful, he might be tricked.

“Young man, watch your words.”

Qing Mu’s face turned red. Before he could explain further, the City Defense Minister, who was smoking cigarettes at the side, spoke. He took a deep puff of the cigarette and blew it in Lin Bei’s direction. He said calmly, “To say that Elder is a traitor is a serious crime!”

“Oh? You are?”

“Hehe, my name is Shi Yao. I’m a boor. I’m lucky to be valued by the Elder Hall. I’m currently appointed as the Minister of Defense of Azure Dragon City.”